iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
my gf and i both have the 3g running 3.0. recently mine cant find any WIFI locations but hers can. I searched google and a lot of people are having the same problem but no fixes. Anybody know a fix on here?

i also notice on messages if i type more then one line, when it goes to the next line it hides what i just typed. never did that before and its kinda annoying.

EDIT:after reading through every single page on this thread, looks like I gotta call AT&T, right? (ive tried resetting network and restoring phone, nothing happens)

Last edited:

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
AT&T will tell you to call Apple. You might as well go to an Apple store, if you have one close, and take your phone to the Genius bar. Most liekely they'll have to replace it.

Unchewable

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I havent seen anyone mention the lag with bluetooth headsets. I am noticing when i answer calls on my headset it answers on my iphone with no explanation as to why i have to manually switch it on almost all calls. really annoying considering that it did bluetooth so well before the update i have a jawbone 2. everything else is cool.

SpiceRak2

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
For people having issues with 3.0 being sluggish... I'm willing to bet you restored from a backup when you updated rather than updating to a new iPhone. Restore your device and select set up new iPhone... your issues will go away. Promise.

Is this the recommended path for every update? I have never heard of this...

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
No but "if" your 3.0 is sluggish it "may" be the problem. My upgrade on the 1st gen phone was great and I updated using a backup. Since then I bought the 3 GS.

I have noticed that when I am in a hotel I show full bars on 3g network. But Internet is very slow. As soon as I walk out side the Internet is lightning fast???

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
No but "if" your 3.0 is sluggish it "may" be the problem. My upgrade on the 1st gen phone was great and I updated using a backup. Since then I bought the 3 GS.

I have noticed that when I am in a hotel I show full bars on 3g network. But Internet is very slow. As soon as I walk out side the Internet is lightning fast???

Make sure you are not using the hotel's wifi. I find some of them slower than 3g if a lot of people is sharing.

dougattoykite

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth problems

We ran into problems connecting over Wi-Fi when Bluetooth is turned on when developing our game, iSamurai: Real Life Sword Fight. Turning off Bluetooth while playing over Wi-Fi resolves the problem for our game. And turning off Wi-Fi when playing over Bluetooth also handles it.

We have been working with Apple on this, and they are working on a permanent resolution. So people who are having Wi-Fi problems may want to turn off their Bluetooth connection to see if that helps. Turning off Bluetooth definitely handles the issue when playing iSamurai over Wi-Fi (and turning off Wi-Fi handles the issue when playing over Bluetooth).

Additional info is available on our blog at Toy Kite Software under iPhone Development.

There apparently are other issues regarding Wi-Fi and I don't know if they are related to bug mentioned above or not. Apple has posted some fixes at support dot apple dot com /kb/TS1559 - "Unable to use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with iPhone or iPod touch because there's no address listed for the device".

Doug Hogg
Toy Kite Software

Last edited:

jkeith133

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I've found a number of problems since upgrading to 3.0. My WIFI doesn't connect at all, and can't find WIFI networks anywhere, it doesn't even seem to search. It's also lagging quite a bit on startup and seems to hang a lot when I'm switching between apps for if I receive a call while using an app. Basically, it's what everyone else is mentioning as their problems.

I'm guessing that I'm going to need to go down to Apple (thankfully, I have one near by) and see what they say about the WIFI. One of the best things about my 3G phone is that I'm usually always near WIFI networks and it's much easier than using ATT.

What sort of info will I need for Apple to get a replacement if that is necessary, I bought my 3G from ATT a couple months ago on an upgrade, I hope that isn't going to matter.

I'm kinda disappointed that it seems so many people are having problems with 3.0, but such is life....

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
For people having issues with 3.0 being sluggish... I'm willing to bet you restored from a backup when you updated rather than updating to a new iPhone. Restore your device and select set up new iPhone... your issues will go away. Promise.

the downside about doing that is losing ALL of your information. If you were far on some games then you'll lose your data and its just a pain to start over like that. Apple or these developers should come up with an alternative.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I cant get into wifi at all, and youtube loads VERY slowly.

ive tried restoring and reseting just as apple said, and im nervous to bring in my phone for repairs, because i dont really use wifi or any of that, 3g gets it done.
Also, turning to landscape is VERY slow to, usually takes about 10 seconds, even in safari.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
the downside about doing that is losing ALL of your information. If you were far on some games then you'll lose your data and its just a pain to start over like that. Apple or these developers should come up with an alternative.

The exact reason why I haven't restored my phone.
Plus, I want to keep all of my texts, etc...

I wish you were able to restore the phone, then choose which things to bring back on the phone. I.E. You saved game data, texts, etc...

lpiphone

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Voicemail message flag not displaying (Rogers)

Hi,

I am truly enjoying my 3GS for 2 full weeks now. What a toy!

When I get a new voicemail message. Nothing pops up on the screen to tell me a new message is received. I can retreive it fine, but I have to guess I have received a new message.

I dont not have a visual voicemail package.

Missed calls are showing up fine. So are SMS messages.

Anyone can help ?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Luc.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I am truly enjoying my 3GS for 2 full weeks now. What a toy!

When I get a new voicemail message. Nothing pops up on the screen to tell me a new message is received. I can retreive it fine, but I have to guess I have received a new message.

I dont not have a visual voicemail package.

Missed calls are showing up fine. So are SMS messages.

Anyone can help ?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Luc.

I'm having the same problem, only I have visual voicemail.
In order to see if I have voicemails, I have to restart my phone. When I turn it back in they will all pop up. I restarted my phone randomly today, and had 5 new voicemails. Theres obviously some bug either with my phone or 3.0, because I never had this problem before updating.

Anyone else experiencing voicemails not showing up until you restart your phone?

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've had problems with WiFi as well. Generally I've had to reset my wireless router or turn off my iPhone and turn it back on again.

I've had similar issues with E vs 3G. Sometimes when I have E, I'll turn off my phone and turn it back on and then have 3G again. Weird.

507#IM

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
My 3gs has an issue with responding to touch. It's getting worst. As I typed this post my keys just froze. I've tried all resets and still same problem. Taking it to apple tomorrow.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73