Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Default After seeing Comparision vids of the 3G (3.0) vs the 3GS

What was the reason to get a 3gs again?

For gaming?

The Compass?

Even Engadget seemed underwhelmed. I was actually contemplating getting one but after what I've seen with my 3.0 3g and their vids I have to say: what is the point?
    iPhone Intermediate

go and convince you self. If you don't want it , if you're just as underwhelmed by a site that typically are unimpressed with apple's offerings, then don't get it. Simple.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OmariJames View Post

go and convince you self. If you don't want it , if you're just as underwhelmed by a site that typically are unimpressed with apple's offerings, then don't get it. Simple.
    Are you serious. Most commenters blast Engadget on a daily basis for their Apple bias.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

Well... the video was just comparing speeds of the application loads.

The camera is better with 3.0 and also autofocus, tap to focus and more.

The video recording... although you can jailbreak, that still doesn't make the quality better.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    3,985 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by infenit101 View Post
    Are you serious. Most commenters blast Engadget on a daily basis for their Apple bias.
    That is very true. I tend to ignore what Engadget has to say on Apple stuff.
    iPhone Intermediate

What was the reason to get a 3gs again?

For gaming?

The Compass?

Even Engadget seemed underwhelmed. I was actually contemplating getting one but after what I've seen with my 3.0 3g and their vids I have to say: what is the point?
    If you don't want to pick up the 3Gs, then don't pick it up.

Are you looking for justification not to pick one up? If someone on this board has to talk you into making this purchase, then in my opinion you never really wanted to make the purchase in the first place.
    iPhone Intermediate

They make the 3GS for the same season i drive a 911 turbo when a Golf could still get me to the office. People who want it will buy it. And if you are happy with a Golf it is your choice and you are happy.
    iMore Guru

Enjoy your 3g while I scream past with my 3GS! Glad I waited for this upgrade rather than the 3G upgrade. It is now like a whole new phone to me
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chobbs1 View Post
    Enjoy your 3g while I scream past with my 3GS! Glad I waited for this upgrade rather than the 3G upgrade. It is now like a whole new phone to me
    The only thing you'll be screaming at is when you receive your 3gs and realize what a waste of money it is.
    iMore Guru

Doubt it. But your screaming now. Bet you wish you passed on the 3g upgrade and waited till 3gs
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'll just save my upgrade for next June when the real new iPhone comes out.
    iMore Guru

Will the real iPhone please stand up? 

of next years phone is good I'll upgrade to that one too!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

The speed differences between the 3g and 3gs will become more apparent as developers begin to utilize the power of the 3gs. It's not just a matter of the compass or camera, but the hardware platform the phone is built on. I wouldn't be surprised to see great apps developed that will be unavailable to the 3g simply because it's not powerful enough to run them.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ahayman View Post
    The speed differences between the 3g and 3gs will become more apparent as developers begin to utilize the power of the 3gs. It's not just a matter of the compass or camera, but the hardware platform the phone is built on. I wouldn't be surprised to see great apps developed that will be unavailable to the 3g simply because it's not powerful enough to run them.
    This is what I'm banking on, and the main reason as a new iphone user I spent the bucks on the 3gs rather than the cheaper 3g.
    iPhone Newbie

I doubt that will happen anytime soon, unless they donīt want to make money

On other hand, apps focused on stuff like the video camera, macro capability, compass, those will surely come out, and will be 3gs only. But that happens also right now, with the distinction between iphone and ipod touch
    iPhone Intermediate

The only thing you'll be screaming at is when you receive your 3gs and realize what a waste of money it is.
    Why worry about it?? It's his money and he is free to spend the way he wants to.

Lastly, if you don't want to buy, or can't afford the 3Gs, that's fine. But don't start dumping on others because they have elected to purchase the 3Gs. If you are mad at Apple for not implementing more features then say so, no need to try to ruin the 3Gs experience for the rest of us.
    Last edited by traylorc; 06-18-2009 at 02:16 PM.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Well... the video was just comparing speeds of the application loads.

The camera is better with 3.0 and also autofocus, tap to focus and more.

The video recording... although you can jailbreak, that still doesn't make the quality better.
    From engadget quoted from MONKEY:

The 3GS compared to the 3G is "a very, very similar phone (remember, you're paying for a speed bump, a compass, and video recording)."

Go back to suckling on your Apple pacifier.
    iPhone Intermediate

And that is exactly why since the iPhone came out , they've been posting articles about apple products with mediocre attitudes. The way Engadget began to write about apple products has changed since the iPhone coverage took over their site in 2007. They don't even cover apple news as they use to --- BECAUSE of the commenters. They still blast their products...

I don't read anything they have to say about apple.
    Last edited by OmariJames; 06-18-2009 at 03:07 PM.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Wow dude. You're really an arse schmole.

And I'll enjoy my 2010 super iPhone that shoots laser beams at you. In 4G HD 1080p. PEW! PEW!
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by traylorc View Post
    Why worry about it?? It's his money and he is free to spend the way he wants to.

Lastly, if you don't want to buy, or can't afford the 3Gs, that's fine. But don't start dumping on others because they have elected to purchase the 3Gs. If you are mad at Apple for not implementing more features then say so, no need to try to ruin the 3Gs experience for the rest of us.
    His message was not even in as bad taste as the person he was replying to *rolls eyes*..
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OmariJames View Post
    And that is exactly why since the iPhone came out , they've been posting articles about apple products with mediocre attitudes. The way Engadget began to write about apple products has changed since the iPhone overage took over their site. They don't even cover apple news as they use to --- BECAUSE of the commenters. They still blast their products...
    Probably because Apple ain't been on top of their game like in the past.

Did you watch WWDC while massaging Job's arse? Because if you did you would see how sorry their lineup is:

OSX Leopard - The Service Pack that could
    MacBook price drop - Still overpriced, 1500 for a 15 inch barebones laptop...100 bucks per inch....crap
    Iphone 3gs - mediocre upgrade
    Ipod shuffle - (Not at WWDC) but still crap

Crap Crap Crap. Apple isn't trying anymore.
    iPhone Intermediate

Probably because Apple ain't been on top of their game like in the past.

Did you watch WWDC while massaging Job's arse? Because if you did you would see how sorry their lineup is:

OSX Leopard - The Service Pack that could
    MacBook price drop - Still overpriced, 1500 for a 15 inch barebones laptop...100 bucks per inch....crap
    Iphone 3gs - mediocre upgrade
    Ipod shuffle - (Not at WWDC) but still crap

Crap Crap Crap. Apple isn't trying anymore.

Did you copy and paste that from a comment from one of Engadget Apple articles ? You sound like one of them.

I honestly don't care about what others say. I don't go ( to engadget ) there period. Not to boast apple or " troll "... which is why i don't reach much of their content.

Like I said before, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Go buy a Zune HD.
    iMore Guru

@ jellotime-I guess your right. I was being an A S S. I lost it because infenit101 has been slamming my joy for finally upgrading to a new phone. I got tired of it. So I blasted him/her(?) right back.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

@ jellotime-I guess your right. I was being an A S S. I lost it because infenit101 has been slamming my joy for finally upgrading to a new phone. I got tired of it. So I blasted him/her(?) right back.
    You could never blast me. I am unblastable.
    iMore Guru

See what I mean?

Any way it is now the eve of the 3GS launch and despite some of you trying to warn people of how much this phone is not worth the upgrade it seems that 500,000 phones is the early prediction for the 3GS weekend. Sounds like alot of people are gonna be screaming fast by tomorrow!
    Last edited by chobbs1; 06-18-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast