After seeing Comparision vids of the 3G (3.0) vs the 3GS

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
What was the reason to get a 3gs again?

For gaming?

The Compass?

Even Engadget seemed underwhelmed. I was actually contemplating getting one but after what I've seen with my 3.0 3g and their vids I have to say: what is the point?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Well... the video was just comparing speeds of the application loads.

The camera is better with 3.0 and also autofocus, tap to focus and more.

The video recording... although you can jailbreak, that still doesn't make the quality better.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
What was the reason to get a 3gs again?

For gaming?

The Compass?

Even Engadget seemed underwhelmed. I was actually contemplating getting one but after what I've seen with my 3.0 3g and their vids I have to say: what is the point?

If you don't want to pick up the 3Gs, then don't pick it up.

Are you looking for justification not to pick one up? If someone on this board has to talk you into making this purchase, then in my opinion you never really wanted to make the purchase in the first place.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
They make the 3GS for the same season i drive a 911 turbo when a Golf could still get me to the office. People who want it will buy it. And if you are happy with a Golf it is your choice and you are happy.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Enjoy your 3g while I scream past with my 3GS! Glad I waited for this upgrade rather than the 3G upgrade. It is now like a whole new phone to me

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Enjoy your 3g while I scream past with my 3GS! Glad I waited for this upgrade rather than the 3G upgrade. It is now like a whole new phone to me

The only thing you'll be screaming at is when you receive your 3gs and realize what a waste of money it is.

aaronwh98

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The speed differences between the 3g and 3gs will become more apparent as developers begin to utilize the power of the 3gs. It's not just a matter of the compass or camera, but the hardware platform the phone is built on. I wouldn't be surprised to see great apps developed that will be unavailable to the 3g simply because it's not powerful enough to run them.

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The speed differences between the 3g and 3gs will become more apparent as developers begin to utilize the power of the 3gs. It's not just a matter of the compass or camera, but the hardware platform the phone is built on. I wouldn't be surprised to see great apps developed that will be unavailable to the 3g simply because it's not powerful enough to run them.

This is what I'm banking on, and the main reason as a new iphone user I spent the bucks on the 3gs rather than the cheaper 3g.

antonioj

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I doubt that will happen anytime soon, unless they don?t want to make money

On other hand, apps focused on stuff like the video camera, macro capability, compass, those will surely come out, and will be 3gs only. But that happens also right now, with the distinction between iphone and ipod touch

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
The only thing you'll be screaming at is when you receive your 3gs and realize what a waste of money it is.

Why worry about it?? It's his money and he is free to spend the way he wants to.

Lastly, if you don't want to buy, or can't afford the 3Gs, that's fine. But don't start dumping on others because they have elected to purchase the 3Gs. If you are mad at Apple for not implementing more features then say so, no need to try to ruin the 3Gs experience for the rest of us.

Last edited:

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Well... the video was just comparing speeds of the application loads.

The camera is better with 3.0 and also autofocus, tap to focus and more.

The video recording... although you can jailbreak, that still doesn't make the quality better.

From engadget quoted from MONKEY:

The 3GS compared to the 3G is "a very, very similar phone (remember, you're paying for a speed bump, a compass, and video recording)."

Go back to suckling on your Apple pacifier.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Are you serious. Most commenters blast Engadget on a daily basis for their Apple bias.

And that is exactly why since the iPhone came out , they've been posting articles about apple products with mediocre attitudes. The way Engadget began to write about apple products has changed since the iPhone coverage took over their site in 2007. They don't even cover apple news as they use to --- BECAUSE of the commenters. They still blast their products...

I don't read anything they have to say about apple.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

Wow dude. You're really an arse schmole.

And I'll enjoy my 2010 super iPhone that shoots laser beams at you. In 4G HD 1080p. PEW! PEW!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Why worry about it?? It's his money and he is free to spend the way he wants to.

Lastly, if you don't want to buy, or can't afford the 3Gs, that's fine. But don't start dumping on others because they have elected to purchase the 3Gs. If you are mad at Apple for not implementing more features then say so, no need to try to ruin the 3Gs experience for the rest of us.
His message was not even in as bad taste as the person he was replying to *rolls eyes*..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711