Battery percentage indicator in 3.0?

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Now, first off, I'm at work, so haven't been able to download the "official" upgrade, but I downloaded the gold master copy of the update, which supposedly is the same thing.

When I first upgraded to iPhone 3.0, next to the battery icon, there was a % of battery showing (i.e. 100%). For an example of what I'm talking about see around the 4:10 mark of this video. *edit: It won't let me do a link.*

Go to Youtube and search alexosh1234. It's a video called "How to Get the Final 3.0 Firmware(Free)(No Beta)(GM) for the iPhone or iPod Touch! Very Easy!" and it shows exactly what was on my phone.

Due to an unrelated problem, I had to re-do it. When I finished the percentage was gone. I looked at many different screenshots of the phone with the 3.0 upgrade on it, and they don't have the percentage either, but mine DID have it, and the one in this video has it

Anyone have the percentage like the phone in the video after the update? Any ideas on why it would've been on my phone after one update and gone after the second time using the same steps?

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Just throwing this in there but after seeing those sceen shots of the battery percentage #, I am NOT a fan of it.

I think it looks fine, personally, but, more importantly, it's way more informative than the battery icon alone.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Im not sure that is right. I am pretty sure I saw a 3G vs 3GS side by side comparison (both running 3.0) and they BOTH had the percentage...

Maybe something in settings...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The engadet review of the iPhone 3GS has a video of the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS side-by-side launching apps and both have the % meter next to the battery icon. I was looking for it in settings as well but don't see it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think you have to edit something via SSH to get it which you need jailbreak for anyway. I guess 3GS has it by default? This is what I've heard I'm not sure about anything.
Apple fail.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
But when I first upgraded, I had the percentage icon, and it's a regular 3G.

And it obviously wasn't jailbroken at that point, since there's no 3.0 jailbreak yet, although it had been until I upgraded to 3.0.

Luckyi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I just got the new bossprefs update today (jailbrocken), and gave me the option to have the percentage instead of the battery. Pretty cool, I like it.
Ps. There is no % symbol though, just a number. Idk what the 3.0 looks like.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
I just got the new bossprefs update today (jailbrocken), and gave me the option to have the percentage instead of the battery. Pretty cool, I like it.
Ps. There is no % symbol though, just a number. Idk what the 3.0 looks like.

Yeah, that's what I used to have before I upgraded. I like it better with both the battery icon and the percentage. Oh well...dev-team will hopefully have the 3.0 jailbroken soon. I'll just have to settle for just the percentage without the battery icon I guess.

Bummer. :(

And people wonder why we jailbreak our phones.:p

Last edited:

jeepkj457

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
i had my iphone 3G jailbroken before i updated to 3.0. i used the apt backup app when i did a backup. when i first updated i didnt have the battery percentage and my carrier said AT&T, but after i did a restore from backup i was given the battery percentage and my carrier changed back to what i had it as when i was jailbroken. i would post up the pic but it wont let me yet since i am new

Last edited: