The official OS 3.0 initial thoughts thread!

StlEMT

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
is anyone else having problems with wifi and bluetooth? i can't get mine to work. it is greyed out and says "no wifi", i've restarted, reinstalled, rebooted, i even reset my wireless router.

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
for those who don't know

Push notifications won't work until more apps come out with the ability to use push notifications. It will be slow but soon more and more apps will give you the option for push.

MMS will not work if your Carrier doesn't support it. Those in the US can't use MMS because ATT hasn't enabled it yet. Sometime this summer is when ATT will enable the MMS.

plevine1

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Love the Bluetooth Stereo.
Question.....The little dots towards the bottom of the screen. They reflect the number of menu pages on the phone. Why does mine start with the second? I cant get to page one, everything starts on the second page.
Each page can support up to 16 icons. On 2 pages I have 15 icons and the 16th on a page by itself. Can this be fixed?

JDSX

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Love the Bluetooth Stereo.
Question.....The little dots towards the bottom of the screen. They reflect the number of menu pages on the phone. Why does mine start with the second? I cant get to page one, everything starts on the second page.
Each page can support up to 16 icons. On 2 pages I have 15 icons and the 16th on a page by itself. Can this be fixed?
The leftmost one is the search.

JDSX

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't know myself because I haven't finished upgrading yet; I simply read the walkthroughs and watched the video tour. Have you tried moving the solo one to the other page?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Well so far push notification is missing. It was there before 3.0. And no mms. I mean no way for me to insert picture. No for it.

Push notification of what though? You need apps with push, for push. Something magically just doesnt happen. Be more precise, I'd love to help

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
Anyone get the find my iphone feature to work? Everytime I try to enable it in Mobileme account settings the switch just clicks back to off. I'm really stumped by this.

tfalsetta#IM

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
nothing much in 3.0

3.0 was a bust.....No real neat stuff...Cut & paste has been around on other phones for years....Apple should have waited for AT&T to support MMS then we would all be sending pictures around tonight (another feature that has been around on other phones for years)...And 3.0 should have had Video.....

I feel like a kid just after opening up all the Christmas Presents....

JDSX

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Am I the only person that couldn't care less about MMS? Email has served me quite well when it comes to sending photos.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, what are you going to do when someone tries to send you photos, huh? Of course, if they know you're email account, they can, but it's better if they can just send to your phone number (like most cell phones).

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3.0 software updated fine, took quiet some time, mostly for the back-up process.. however, i use MediaMonkey to load music onto the iPhone's iPod, NOT iTunes.. and after the update, all my iPod content is now missing!! :-(
i hate^infinite loop-power iTunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
3.0 was a bust.....No real neat stuff...Cut & paste has been around on other phones for years....Apple should have waited for AT&T to support MMS then we would all be sending pictures around tonight (another feature that has been around on other phones for years)
So because other phones have had these features for a long time, you're advising to not upgrade to 3.0 and continue to do without them on the iPhone?

I feel like a kid just after opening up all the Christmas Presents....
Not sure how to interpret this. You got lousy presents for Xmas?

JDSX

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well, what are you going to do when someone tries to send you photos, huh? Of course, if they know you're email account, they can, but it's better if they can just send to your phone number (like most cell phones).
No one's ever tried to send me pictures via MMS; they always arrive by email. Makes even more sense when you consider the exorbitant rates companies charge for SMS/MMS when email already does it all. In any case, the 3.0 upgrade is quite welcomed even if it's not everything we'd ever want.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I know that everyone feels the same BUT I wanted to vent nonetheless.
How the hell can they release this new update and a new phone on Friday without getting AT&T on board to release MMS and tethering at the same time.and then leave us hanging without even a release date for the future??? To me those are the two main jewels of this update..sure all the other little things are nice but seriously..what a tease. I'm pretty sure I dated a girl once who's middle name must have been "AT&T".
OK..I feel a bit better now.
AT&T is on board with all the other phones. The issue here is the below market unlimited data rate of $30/month that Apple negotiated for you. AT&T does not block any of these services on phones where they get to charge the market rate, closer to $60/month. One cannot have one's cake and eat it too. Not only does AT&T lose money on each phone but iPhone users use more data than AT&T foresaw, and Apple is selling more of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen