The official OS 3.0 initial thoughts thread!

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
its the little things that i'm happy about...landscape text and email. the fact that it shows the artist, song title and album on the locked screen when the ipod is playing is nice, not ground breaking but it's nice to see some small improvements like this. streaming http video is sweet. the camera app is much smoother. stereo bluetooth is great, i've been waiting for that for some time now. everything seems much smoother and faster that's about how far i've gotten in 3.0

Last edited:

mervynle

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Since upgrading my phone will not connect with my Exchange Server or with gMail, it tell me to check my network connection. I have even deleted both accounts and tried to set them up again and it cannot verify either account. Any ideas?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
its the little things that i'm happy about...landscape text and email. the fact that it shows the artist, song title and album on the locked screen when the ipod is playing is nice, not ground breaking but it's nice to see some small improvements like this. streaming http video is sweet. the camera app is much smoother. stereo bluetooth is great, i've been waiting for that for some time now. that's about how far i've gotten in 3.0

Uhh that first part...showing album art, song info, etc

Thats been there...before 3.0

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Is it just me or itunes playing up

ive downloaded 3.0 and installed but now my phone stuck in recov mode coz itunes wont connect to the activation screen?

anything to do with me having the GM already installed :( i hope not

i'm pretty sure that it was said not to install the gm unless you were a dev. apparantly thats why.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm kind of let down by this.. Things I wanted aren't even avalible yet, such as push notification and copy paste through all apps.. I also give it a 3/10.

the push notifications i think will come with more apps utilizing them, and mine is still updating as i type this, but i thought the copy and paste did work thru all apps.

YoSoyJu

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
the push notifications i think will come with more apps utilizing them, and mine is still updating as i type this, but i thought the copy and paste did work thru all apps.

Push Notifications and CC&P are APIs that developers can integrate into their apps. It doesn't mean that every app will have it all of a sudden.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble getting through to the Apple server? I have downloaded the software itself but the update server is now busy and I can't apply the software I just downloaded! Anyone else in this boat?

YoSoyJu

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm a iPhone rook so help me out....where do i find the "Find My Phone" option and how do i do the stereo bluetooth thingy????

Find My iPhone is a MobileMe feature which is an Apple service that costs $99 a year. Stereo Bluetooth I believe pairs just like any bluetooth device. Only difference is that you can then select it as an audio output device.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
landscape keyboard is nice. i have not had the need to use copy cut paste yet although i am sure i will need it sometime soon. i hope att hurries and makes it so i can use MMS i would like to send pics to my friends and get them back.

lucky_lefty

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Find My iPhone is a MobileMe feature which is an Apple service that costs $99 a year. Stereo Bluetooth I believe pairs just like any bluetooth device. Only difference is that you can then select it as an audio output device.

ummm well guess i won't need that then...but how do u do the stereo bluetooth??? and what else is updated on this new OS?? just bought the phone 3 days ago, sorry for all the ????'s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2