Iphone keeps rebooting, over and over...

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My Iphone is stuck in this cycle, i keep getting the apple logo and a black screen.

My battery was almost empty so i wanted to charge it from a wall socket, when i connected the cable it didn't do anything.. i was very tired and wanted to connect it to the pc the next morning. so next morning offcourse the battery was completly empty, i connect it to the pc, i get the apple logo! and then it starts.. i get the apple logo a few seconds, then black, and so on!
Sometimes the screens just lights up for a second, then black, repeats this a few times, then logo again, black.. etc etc..

My pc doesn't recognize the iphone.
I have tried to hold down the home and power button and all other tricks with the buttons plenty times but this just doesnt seem to work!!
Itunes, Ziphone, Quickpwn, nothing recognizes it!

Can anyone help me with this???

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
sounds like a bad cable that is only partially charging it enough to boot to the apple screen then die again... try a new cable first...

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
battery is not taking a charge then... Take it to the apple store and they can attempt to repair it in store, if not they can swap it for another...

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Well my problem is i bought it in the US but live in Europe. I did all the unlocking myself also.. (this is over a year ago!)
So I can't just swap it for a new one... :/

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've managed to get the phone in DFU mode. and then just off. so it stopped trying to boot. i just left it in the pc for about an hour, then i just tried to switch on the phone, and now it's working again!
problem now is that the pc wont recognize the iphone anymore...

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Okay, DFU was the "last resort" thing to try that I talked about in the other thread you have. I didn't think about the battery being bad in the other thread, since you said it was working, but from what I read here, the battery may be your issue. However, your latest post say "it's working again!" So, explain more.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok well it is on and i can make phone calls and everything. so basicily it is working fine now.
Only now the pc still wont recognize it....so it's not charging and i get the "USB Device not recognized" note

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you don't have any debris in the charging connection at the iPhone end. My brother had an issue where he couldn't connect it or charge it, and it turned out he had crap stuck in where the plug goes.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It seems the pc is charging the iphone, but veeeery slowly, it's still not recognizing the phone,and you dont see the charging on the iphone screen, but i keep it plugged in, and i see the battery life going up very slowly.
monday i'll drive to the apple store to see what they can do for me
thank you guys for al the help full tips!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner