Update: 3.0 release date - 18th June

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
By any chance would you be referring the the date shown on the Singapore Apple website? Clearly theirs says the 18th due to a difference in time zones. Singapore is currently 10PM 17th, so the earliest Apple will release 3.0 would logically be in 2 hours time, so 5PM here in the UK and 7AM in Cupertino. So in theory it could launch at a nice 9AM in Apple HomeTown. Not before then.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Gizmodo had an article like that and the second I clicked it, it went to a blank page. I went back to the main site and it was no where to be found.

deviantdj

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
So... where is our 3.0. I broke down at 3 am, and still nothing. C'mon now, I never had to wait this long for 2.0. If it is seriously having to wait for Singapore thats 1.2 hrs. Uggggg.

Apple you're seriously failing me.

DDAY

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Can't everyone just wait?!
Moaning about it doesn't make it arrive any faster.

Why even ask this? Obviously, NO, we can't wait. Some of us were up until 6:00 AM hoping to install it without server failures, so a lot of the frustration you see is from folks like that.

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Why even ask this? Obviously, NO, we can't wait. Some of us were up until 6:00 AM hoping to install it without server failures, so a lot of the frustration you see is from folks like that.

i know i was up at 6am trying to install it but seeing that I am in the EST I didn't know that it would not be until 1pm till I could update. Worth a try IMO

xusteve

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Obnoxious...

If they say the 17th then release it at the beginning of the day. If they are planning on waiting until sometime in the evening, then say ?The evening of the 17th?
Apple HAS to know that they were causing millions of people to lose sleep over this. They have been hyping it up for months. Not informing us of changes or problems is just plain ignorant.
I wonder how many people are literally falling asleep at work today because they tried to be the first person to download the update?
:mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2