Apple puts breaks on early iPhone deliveries!

Mistermarc

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I called UPS to see what's up with my package. I told the lady it says "reciever has requested a hold" , but I never requested anything", she said that the package came from china and got held up getting through customs. She said I should expect the package tommorrow. Sounded fishy to me but I let it go at that.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I called UPS to see what's up with my package. I told the lady it says "reciever has requested a hold" , but I never requested anything", she said that the package came from china and got held up getting through customs. She said I should expect the package tommorrow. Sounded fishy to me but I let it go at that.

haha... nice... "customs" issues... when the "error" seemed to happen in Kentucky?

either which way...we ARE receiving it on 6/18 (hopefully), before the 6/19 date... 1 day early is good enough for me... even ON TIME is good enough for me... im excited, but patient :)

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Folks...I would not be surprised if UPS wind up holding these packages until June 19th. Apple has said from the beginning that pre-orders would arrive on the 19th.

Does Apple really want to deal with complaints from customers that certain customers received their iphones prior to June 19th?

Here's another thought, what if some folks do receive their phones early...would Apple allow those phones to be activated prior to the 19th?

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade...my phone is currently scheduled for delivery on the 18th, but I betting I really won't see it until the 19th. Hopefully I'm wrong about this.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
at least it wont be the 22nd. on time is good for me. especially since the case I ordered doesn't get here until tomorrow.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Why is that lame? You should be happy you will get it on the release day rather than having it shipped on the release day and having to wait another few days to get it. I know people love to complain, but lately it seems worse than normal.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
sorry. that came across rude.

It's not a complaint really. I think it is lame that Apple went to the extent of telling UPS to wait. Even though I am sure a lot of iPhone's are sitting at users UPS hubs.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
sorry. that came across rude.

It's not a complaint really. I think it is lame that Apple went to the extent of telling UPS to wait. Even though I am sure a lot of iPhone's are sitting at users UPS hubs.

I hear ya XM...but let's honest. Apple wants to stretch this thing out and build excitment for the official launch. That offiicial launch day is important, not only to release the product, but from a public relations standpoint.

Bottom line, if Apple delivers these phones by the 19th as promised then we should be happy.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Why do you care that I think it is lame? Dont worry about it.

I guess b/c of all the people complaining about everything lately with at&t prices, etc. etc. I just find it odd that if the release date is June 19 why would you be mad that you are getting it on June 19? Just trying to understand I guess.

Reactions: jhamilton3

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
This is nothing new, and it's nothing unique to Apple either.

I've ordered things in the past, they've been shipped and UPS and FedEx were supposed to deliver them a day earlier than their street date. The day of, I checked my tracking to see it had been delayed. The next day it was on my door step, but it sat at the local hub for ~24 hrs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro