The Official Staying up Until Midnight for 3.0 Thread.

Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

• Yes I can't wait

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • No I need my sleep.

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timblewee

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I recall when the 2.0 software was released, I sat pushing my 'check update' button every 15 mins throughout the day and it was eventually released at 18:03 GMT which I believe was 10:03am PST. Come to think of it everything that I have ever waited for from Apple has been at 10:00am PST. Too bad though working from 16:00 to 07:00 today so won't be able to download until tomorrow. Then I'm off to loiter around my local o2 shop to upgrade to the 3G S on Friday. Good Times x

markcmann

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Anyone download the Golden Master?

Just curious, has any one downloaded and installed the Golden Master? I work with a developer who gave me a link to get it. I downloaded it and installed it (Windows users hold down the shift key before clicking 'Check for Update' button and point to the the 'iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw' file). It installed fine (less than 20 minutes) and seems very stable. I just want to find out if the public release is the same build number (7A341)?

BTW, I would post the link but until I post 10 times I cannot post any links...sorry.

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I recall when the 2.0 software was released, I sat pushing my 'check update' button every 15 mins throughout the day and it was eventually released at 18:03 GMT which I believe was 10:03am PST. Come to think of it everything that I have ever waited for from Apple has been at 10:00am PST. Too bad though working from 16:00 to 07:00 today so won't be able to download until tomorrow. Then I'm off to loiter around my local o2 shop to upgrade to the 3G S on Friday. Good Times x

Hmmm... no, it was definitely released before 10 PST. I live in PST and had 2.0 installed on my 2G while standing in line for the 3G. I recall it being released around midnight. I know I installed it, went to bed, and woke up early to be in line around 6:30a.

rrrr

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone have ideas how it will work with FM 3.0 Beta (7A300g)?. I'm not registered as developer - it was some work around to get it activated (iUtilities). Will update buton in iTunes work or will need to do "restore"?

dxer

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a question, is there a link in Apple website where i can download ver 3 from it (when it is released) other than ITUNES itself, because i know i will have a slow internet connection and I want to be able to download it with a download manager.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
If it's not up in 20 minutes, I am giving up and going to bed (it will be 3AM here, 12AM PST). Apple also might wait if there is a region west of the US Pacific Time Zone but east of the International Date Line that is covered by the iPhone. I can't think of one though, it would be an island nation out in the Pacific. Come to think of it, Hawaii and Alaska are iPhone areas and it won't be midnight in Hawaii until it is 5 or 6 AM in the East so it's possible that the software may wait until then. Of course this could all be a waste of sleep if it isn't going live until someone in Cupertino comes into work at 9AM PST to flip the switch, lol. My best guess, if it's not out in the next 13 minutes, it will be noon EST before we get it.

xcalibur8781

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a question, is there a link in Apple website where i can download ver 3 from it (when it is released) other than ITUNES itself, because i know i will have a slow internet connection and I want to be able to download it with a download manager.

I don't think so. I've never seen any official iPhone update available anywhere except through iTunes.

dkrew72

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
consensus

i think most people agree that waiting til 3 am eastern is worth it, but after that you might as well sleep.

not sure what i'll do yet, but i wish i could just receive an alert when it was available. this way i could just wake up to the txt or alarm and dl it!

dxer

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
If it's not up in 20 minutes, I am giving up and going to bed (it will be 3AM here, 12AM PST). Apple also might wait if there is a region west of the US Pacific Time Zone but east of the International Date Line that is covered by the iPhone. I can't think of one though, it would be an island nation out in the Pacific. Come to think of it, Hawaii and Alaska are iPhone areas and it won't be midnight in Hawaii until it is 5 or 6 AM in the East so it's possible that the software may wait until then. Of course this could all be a waste of sleep if it isn't going live until someone in Cupertino comes into work at 9AM PST to flip the switch, lol. My best guess, if it's not out in the next 13 minutes, it will be noon EST before we get it.

I'm in Kuwait, I had a long sleep and waked up at 7am local (midnight EST) and I'm waiting for the update to come.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
Actually, right now due to DST, it goes 12 AM Pacific, 12 AM Mountain, 2 AM Central, 3 AM Eastern

Mountain time does not observe DST

That is not true, only Arizona and Hawaii do not. As of a couple of years ago, Indiana did not observe it either but now does. I can see how if you live in Arizona you might think that the Mountain Time Zone does not observe it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox