Crack in display

Robnfl

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I just noticed what looks like a 1"~1 1/2" crack in the display of my less than one month old iPhone. The phone has never been dropped or sat-on or anything of that nature. Is there any history of the iPhone displays cracking?

Well, I guess I'll be headed back to Best Buy to see if they will warrantee it.

Rob

Robnfl

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Best Buys says SOL

No, I either carry it in my coat pocket or my front pants pocket.

I just stopped by Best Buy and they pretty much said that I'm SOL. Basically, because I didn't purchase their insurance they can't do much for me.

Rob

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Ya that is super lame. My buddy got a crack in his screen but put his in his back pocket with the glass facing outward. Never heard of screens cracking for no reason. Something must have hit it. Sorry though.

I was just reading about their iPhone insurance too...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Apple may or may not be able to swap on the spot. I have heard good stories and then bad stories regarding replacements. Good luck if you go that route.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Omari, that isnt a bad looking case. Very low profile which I like. I have 3 Incase sliders (2 metalic and 1 white) and although great, I hate that it takes away from the over all look of my iPhone. One thing that is good though is that I have not 1 single scratch on my 3G. The back is flawless and literaly could pass for a brand new one. Lol....

sorry I got a bit carried away there OP.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Omari, that isnt a bad looking case. Very low profile which I like. I have 3 Incase sliders (2 metalic and 1 white) and although great, I hate that it takes away from the over all look of my iPhone. One thing that is good though is that I have not 1 single scratch on my 3G. The back is flawless and literaly could pass for a brand new one. Lol....

sorry I got a bit carried away there OP.

LOL yes. I love the case. It keeps my phone clean. I wrote a review for it just now. I do carry around my rubber incipio case because with that case, you can't put a iPhone with a rubber case in it. So if I change settings, like go to work ( where I can't use to my phone ) and I want to carry my iPhone in my pocket, I slip on my rubber case and put it in my pocket. If i have to set the phone down in on a surface that would scratch the back, i know i have the rubber case on it to protect it.

Robnfl

May 29, 2009
Visit site
take it to an Apple store. My first one was cracked because someone broke it at the gym and then replaced it for free.

I'll see if there is an Apple store near by. I pretty much live in BFE so there isn't much in the way of big name stores in the immediate area.

Rob

* BFE = Bum F$#& Egypt :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices