So I bought Iphone on May2. am i SOL?

onegoal

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I'm new. On May 2 I bought a Iphone 3g from the ATT store. Anyways I saw ATT has extended the return policy but its only for Iphones from 5/9 on.

If I call ATT corporate and complain do you think they would give in and let me return my phone still?

I love the Iphone, but chaps me apples gives just TWO weeks notice before selling a new one. Before i bought my iphone I looked on the internet and didnt read about a new one coming out in June. Just that a software update was coming. If I would have known 3gs was coming out I would have waited.

onegoal

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Oh I did email att a few days ago btw. Someone replied to me, long email but looked canned.

They said I could purchase a 3gs for 399 or 499 dollars!!:mad:

gonzothegreat

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been in your situation, but I have had reasonably good results (usually) when I CALL ATT Wireless. The worst they could say is, "No." Of course, I have always been very nice to the CSR who takes my call and try to be a relatively engaging customer. Who knows, they might be able to help you out on the cost in other ways.

Good luck.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a new iphone at the end of April/early May. I was in the ATT store, I had the credit card out...but I had a nagging feeling in my stomach. So I went home and started googling "iphone 3rd Generation release" and then I saw all that speculation that a new iphone was on the way. I would have been very upset had I made that purchase and then found out a month later a new model was going to be released.

buirus

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I purchased my wife an 8gb version for Mother's day. We ended up returning on the 30th day so that we could get the 3gs. Since my wife i not really a techno nerd like me we were actually going to keep it and not upgrade but when we saw the price would drop to $99 we planned to return it then buy it back again. But the vibrate stopped working so we just decided to wait for the new one.

Oh yeah, and I think you are out of luck. That being said, your best bet is to go into an ATT store and plead your case with one of the associates. You may get lucky. I havent had much luck with ATT on the phone.

onegoal

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I purchased my wife an 8gb version for Mother's day. We ended up returning on the 30th day so that we could get the 3gs. Since my wife i not really a techno nerd like me we were actually going to keep it and not upgrade but when we saw the price would drop to $99 we planned to return it then buy it back again. But the vibrate stopped working so we just decided to wait for the new one.

Oh yeah, and I think you are out of luck. That being said, your best bet is to go into an ATT store and plead your case with one of the associates. You may get lucky. I havent had much luck with ATT on the phone.

So you think there is a slim chance I could get them to exchange it still?

buirus

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
So you think there is a slim chance I could get them to exchange it still?

Actually I do, if you have a good rapport with the associate or the store manager. The associates get commission so perhaps you can somehow appeal to this. At the end of the day, it does not hurt to try.

----------------

onegoal

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Actually I do, if you have a good rapport with the associate or the store manager. The associates get commission so perhaps you can somehow appeal to this. At the end of the day, it does not hurt to try.

----------------

Well I'll give it a try tommorow. Should I contact the store I bought it from first? There are a gazillion ATT stores in St. Louis area near me. If one doesn't sound interested should I ask another store?

onegoal

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I contacted the att store where I bought the phone from. They were really no help. I called the 800 number and complained about it. Some people who bought the 3g same time I did are still being able to return theirs after contacting cust service and the store.

onegoal

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
No luck. I even had my mom call the store to complain so they wouldn't know it's the same person calling, told her the same thing.

I wonder if I bought the phone at Wal Mart they would let you return it:D Used to be that way at walmart could return just about anything lol.

This sux!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal