Sync to a new computer without erasing iPhone

EyePhone#IM

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
I recently got a macbook pro and I am wanting to do all my iPhone syncing from my mac instead of the compaq that I had been using. Is there any way to get my downloaded apps from my pc to my mac? I've bought some apps from iTunes (same account as iTunes on PC) through my mac and don't want to erase all the apps on the iPhone that are already there when I sync.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
You can go to download and hit check for download and it should download everything you bought on iTunes account or plug iPhone up and check for purchases.

tonybove

Mar 27, 2009
www.tonybove.com
I viewed the YouTube video... wow, this is overkill, designed for keeping both computers synced at same time. What if this breaks with new versions of iTunes? I would not recommend changing anything that drastic (using HexEditor? Gawd...).

If all you need to do is move your syncing from compaq to mac, first export your iTunes library into an xml file in the iTunes folder, then simply copy the entire iTunes folder (which includes iTunes Music folder, Mobile Applications, etc.) to your Mac into the Music folder (in your User folder).

Start iTunes, and import the xml file (which was copied over with the entire iTunes folder). Connect the iPhone, restore, and restore your settings from the automatic backup. That worked for me. iTunes re-syncs everything.

sdilawar

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Right click the device on the left hand side and look for transfer purchase.

this transfer the pogram brought from app store to application in itunes.

Next time u sync the i phone it will not earase the application brought from appstore

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
couldn't you just use the migration assistant on the mac to get all of your information over from the pc? then syncing the IPhone would work as if it were set up on the mac in the first place? or am I missing something???

nikseldon

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
If all you need to do is move your syncing from compaq to mac, first export your iTunes library into an xml file in the iTunes folder, then simply copy the entire iTunes folder (which includes iTunes Music folder, Mobile Applications, etc.) to your Mac into the Music folder (in your User folder).

In Windows, I just copied everything in the C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes folder from one PC to another and itunes didn't have a clue I was using a different PC. It just started syncing without deleting anything.

A plain copy was sufficient.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73