iPhone stuck in recovery mode

rinneh

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
My iphone is stuck on recovery mode...

It tells me to plug it in iTunes and restore the phone, it will get past everything then get stuck on "Waiting for iPhone", I could leave it there for hours and nothing happens. I've had people tell me to put it in DFU mode (hold power+home.. etc) but that does nothing. Unplugging the phone will give an (Errror 9). First time I've tried restoring, the phone did not get past "Preparing Iphone.." it gave me that error right away, then on subsequent tries, it gets stuck on "waiting for iphone". Does anyone have any idea to kick it out of recovery mode or have dealt with something similar?

blkcadi

May 29, 2009
Visit site
DFU mode/restore is the only way.
INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it?s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Mistermarc

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
This same scenario happened to me way back on like firmware 1.2, wouldn't go to dfu, iTunes got stuck on preparing iPhone, the only way I eventually got out of it was by running a now early jailbreak tool called ziphone, the whole process never finished as I recall but got me to the point where iTunes did it's thing on the restore.

lizzalee

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Data Recovery for iPhone, iPod and iPad: http://ipaddatarecovery.org

Dear friends I think you should go for iPad Data Recovery[/URL]...

asp

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
any.body help buy used iphone ,is soon i up date with itunes ,after ido not have home screen . only loking for vald sim card

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try this.

1. Plug the iPhone into the computer while iTunes is running.
2. Press and hold down the Power button (one at the top) and the Home button for exactly 10 seconds (you may need a timer!)
3. While STILL HOLDING ONTO the Home button, release the Power button, and hold it for 15-20 seconds until you get a pop up on iTunes saying that your iPhone is in recovery mode.

Keep in mind that your iPhone screen should be completly blank, and should not be showing anything. Just restore the phone and you will be good.

FYI: The original post was from 2009 and the last reply prior to yours was in 2010.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox