What's next for the iPhone (4G?)

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
After all the initial madness of the #o2fail and #at&tfail #rogersfail etc etc on twitter and the various petitions, i think a lot of us now are realising there is nothing we can really do, we are in a contract for 18 months just like anyone else and will have to wait until next year to upgrade (well in my case at least)

So the reality is a lot of us will be waiting around for the next iteration of the iphone next june when our contracts will have ended or at least due to end around the same time.

What do you think we need in the next version or what you would want.

For me i think we need a substantial upgrade to the OS interface: it is very slick but everyones phones look the same, all other phones even harking back to the old old nokias had themeage and whilst it is possible via jailbreaking, apple should at least consider building this in. Maybe this would even be possible in a firmware release?

Also a better camera wouldnt go amiss, 3mp cameras were good a few years ago, most phones are rocking 5mp at the very least and for a media phone this would be very important, I still carry my DSLR around a lot as my iphone just wont cut it most of the time.

Id be interested to hear your views

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
an oled screen definitely and IChat! and even faster speeds and different casing. I want that matte black!

escapethematrix

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
great thread!

This is a great thread, there are A LOT of us not getting a 3Gs. We're all waiting until our contracts are up. For me, that's 07/10 so i'll be getting one next year so I think its exciting to be talking about it already.

I agree on the form factor, I hope they change it up and maybe offer more color options.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'd say next gen will be matte.
I think Apple was gaging the response to a matte backing with those "leaked" images and I don't think they got all the info they wanted.

I think they wanted to make it clear that 3GS is NOT a huge improvement over the iPhone 3G, that's why they are selling both simultaneously, so it makes sense to keep them looking the same.

I think I am gonna keep my iPhone 3G just because it's registered for the dev program so when 4.0 comes out I can try it :p

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
i think now that the bettery is better in the 3gs they might be able to move to "some" kind of multitasking. It wont be quite as much of a problem when push is in full swing but i suspect if they do make a big change to the UI they'd be mad not to do it

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
hopefully multitasking and a neui.
..........plus 4G wireless and Verizon Wireless. While the 3GS will run 3.5, a new radio will be required for LTE. While AT&T will be rolling out 3.5 in 2010 (2X bump), Verizon will be doing LTE (6X bump).

One reason for not caring about iPhone on Verizon is that it is CDMA, with its US only market and carrier support). When Verizon moves to LTE, it becomes part of the world wide target.

Plenty of room to grow, guys.

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
..........plus 4G wireless and Verizon Wireless. While the 3GS will run 3.5, a new radio will be required for LET. While AT&T will be rolling out 3.5 in 2010 (2X bump), Verizon will be doing LET (6X bump).

One reason for not caring about iPhone on Verizon is that it is CDMA, with its US only market and carrier support). When Verizon moves to LET, it becomes part of the world wide target.

Plenty of room to grow, guys.

just a side note, it's LTE, not LET.

joel

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
multitasking, battery, removable battery, speed (internet,switching between apps, opening apps), camera, memory, sd slot, front camera, contact groups, recording conversations, full bluetooth capabilities, "skins", improved silent switch (a lot of phones have the vibrates on its own problem), not so slippery casing, improved att pricing (data charge and text charge, -tehthering and mms. i can't believe we pay it), less att restrictions (mms, tethering)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
multitasking, battery, removable battery, speed (internet,switching between apps, opening apps), camera, memory, sd slot, front camera, contact groups, recording conversations, full bluetooth capabilities, "skins", improved silent switch (a lot of phones have the vibrates on its own problem), not so slippery casing, improved att pricing (data charge and text charge, -tehthering and mms. i can't believe we pay it), less att restrictions (mms, tethering)
Prediction or personal wish list?

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
im thinking oled HD screen larger screen diffrent backing slight modification to the shape of it 5+mp camera possible second camera better battery life more advance multitasking maybe a light up apple on the back since alot of people liked that idea LTE and radio included so it will be ready for the change? we will never see an sd card slot so no to that still wont have a removable battery

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner