3.0 Notes Sync

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I never really use the notes app. Never had a real need. I would never remember to look there... maybe it's a habit I would have to get in to.

howalker

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
notes sync to outlook was something I was eager to get with 3.0.
It does work, but it's not quite intuitive.
I thought it would sync to my notes folder in outlook, but it actually syncs to a new 'handheld synchronization' notes folder in outlook.
Don't know why it doesn't sync to the main notes folder, but I moved my notes around and now have them on the iphone.

THANK YOU for clearing this up for me!

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
It has to be iTunes sync. There's a 3rd party app that will do notes and task list but I don't remember the name off the top of my head.

TimWilmath

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
There's a fantastic iPhone App called IMExchange for syncing notes OTA from Outlook to your iPhone. You can check it out by Googling Rerlsoft or IMExchange.

I was able to download it, then it mysteriously disappeared from iTunes. I contacted the developer and got this reply yesterday "Shortly after the release of OS 3.0 an incompatibility came to light when syncing with Exchange 2003 and tasks previously created by Windows Mobile. The problem caused the app to crash when syncing these tasks. Because of this I decided to pull the App from the store until the update is approved by Apple, which should be in about 2 weeks."

This is a great solution for me since Exchange won't sync Notes OTA. I get my contacts and calendar via Exchange and notes via IMExchange. Hopefully, it will be back to iTunes in a couple weeks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro