Olephobic Oil-Resistant Screen Coating

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I have always used the Power Support Anti-Glare because I hated having to constantly wipe my fingerprints off..

I'm interested to see how this new coating works..

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I used to use a screen protector. it got scratched up so I removed hoping to get another one soon. everywhere I went they had them for the 3g but not the 1st gen. so I went without one and still no scratches. I like how the screen looks without the protector.

haven't heard much about the coating. I wonder what the science is behind it. is it that when you touch the phone the oils are repelled or cannot be transferred over?
sounds kinda cool. question is...can the coating be scratched?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector either. Waste of money IMO. This glass doesn't scratch even if you scrape a key across it. I'm very interested to see how good this oil-resistant coating is actually gonna be.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
No screen protector either. I used the one I just got from iSkin that was supposed to come with my Solo case for a day. I like it naked. Still looks perfect, and my shirt or pants do fine keeping it clean.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
so on Apples website it says the coating is on the screen. not on the shiny plastic as I originally thought. Same question- now the glass has a coating, can the coating be scratched?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have Clear-Coat on my iPhone,but I'm thinking about taking it off.

I'm really interested in seeing if this coating works.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Another vote for "No screen protector."

I'd really like to have an iPhone with that kind of coating. I think they must have used an oilphile coating on mine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner