voip3G

filmguy

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Need a little help. downloaded voip3g so I can watch my slingbox over my data plan instead of just wifi. I need step by step dummy directions to get the slingbox app into the voip3G app. Can anybody help me? thx I'm an old guy this is new to me

FredZ

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I recently did this and followed these instructions that I found on another iphone blog:

In order to use this simple hack, your iPhone must be jailbroken (see quickpwn tutorials) and you must install Mobile Substrate, OpenSSH and VoIPover3G (reboot after install) from Cydia.
Assuming you?ve installed these apps and that you know how to SSH into your iPhone, follow these instructions:
1. SSH into your iPhone and go to the root directory ?/?
2. Navigate to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries
3. With a text editor, open VoIPover3G.plist
4. Look for:
Filter = {Bundles = (?com.Fringland.Fring?, ?com.apple.AppStore?, ?com.audiofile.Interstate?, ?com.apple.MobileStore?);};
Now add this part: , ?com.slingmedia.SlingPlayer?
It should look like this:
Filter = {Bundles = (?com.Fringland.Fring?, ?com.apple.AppStore?, ?com.audiofile.Interstate?, ?com.apple.MobileStore?, ?com.slingmedia.SlingPlayer?);};
Don?t forget the ?,? and the quotation marks!
5. Save the changes you just made and upload the file back to its location: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries
6. Reboot your iPhone
Thanks Dan for the tip
7. Done! SlingPlayer should now work over 3G!

In order to edit the VoIPover3G.plist file using SSH from a windows pc, I did a google search for a program called "editssh". It was a free download and did the job.

Good luck

filmguy

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
thx I have a mac and have never ssh into my phone . Like I said I need real dummy instructions starting at the beginning thx so much it can be overwhelming.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2