3G vs 3GS

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
looks like this gets around the "no links till you have 10 posts" limitation.

engadget.com/2009/06/08/iphone-3g-vs-iphone-3g-s-the-tale-of-the-tape

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I JUST bought a Sony Webbie HD camera online for $230.. I can't justify paying for a new iPhone that only brings me that feature and a slightly faster processor. Kinda stupid.

I'm fine with my 3G!
I'll wait until December incase they release some kind of special edition iPhone 3GS...
iPhone 3GSSB (SUPER SPEED... BOOM!)..

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Just got my 16G #g in December 2008. Not really eligible for any kind of upgrade.:( Now if I was at the end of my 2 yrs, I would be sooo getting one.:D

I guess I will just be more than content with 3.0 for my 16G.:) I use Vlingo for voice dialing so the main things that I will be missing are the video recording, better battery, and faster processor. Faster is always better but not a killer. Video would be nice but I do have a nice video camera already. The battery though! Oh what I would not give for better battery life! But I guess that is whu I have a charger in the car and and a charger at the desk.:cool:;)

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. I'm definitely geting the 3G . I thought they used the same exact model but the new one
- has a new finish
- up to 32GB
- better camera ( recording )
- 7.2 support

Those are what matters to me the most, especially the space. If I just guy it for the space , I'll be getting other features I would consider to be a bonus.

However , I'm waiting maybe a month or two because I don't want to get turned down because they don't have any instock.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Graphics part is what I don't get... it seemed as though in the keynote, the original 3g didn't have the "ES" part of the OpenGL.

I think the upgrades are worth it. Application speed (how fast they open) are very important to me.

bandman77

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
battery life and processor are better

The battery life is supposed to be about 15 - 20% better and the processor is faster. It also has more RAM.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
There is more differences than "features". Sure, the 3G S will have video recording/editing, digital compass, and voice control... Those are the minor upgrades though. The big thing is the speed. I really think the 3G S is going to be significantly faster than the 3G and that there will be games that devs will warn will not run well on the 3G. The speed is gonna be huge.

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Stick

uhhhh what happened to it having a faster processor and better battery? or did you fail trolling idiots miss that part.

LMAO

My contracts up in march, so i think i'll wait around next year for the next version. I did find something interesting out today though. The Genius bar at Apple store let me in on the fact that it is only ?139 for a new iphone if you damage your old one under warrenty.....I thought that was pretty cool

Showeroses

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
wow

I'm honestly getting tired of apple and at&t. All they are doing is pissing off their existing customers. I don't understand why it would've been so hard to wait a year to release the iPhone 3g now instead of a year ago with all the features the iPhone 3gs now has. Wait, I know why! They're extremely greedy! And now AT&T pulls their contract thing on the existing iPhone 3g customers so that they can't get the new phone without paying an extra $200, although the original iPhone users were able to upgrade their phones at the new contract price. Funny how that works isn't it?

By the way, the iPhone 3gs will have higher speeds when on safari, downloading apps, playing games, ect. and it has a better 3 megapixel camera that has the ability to record video, along with better battery life and other tiny extras that don't really matter. Every thing else that the new iPhone has should come with the update. Hope that helped.

I would also wait awhile if you have the first iPhone 3g, because I'm sure with sprint coming out with 4g, apple already has plans to create a 4g iPhone and also with the way apple is going, next year they'll come out with something even better than the iPhone 3gs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2