What would you like to see in OS 4.0?

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I said this earlier but I honestly think the current ui of the Iphone is aging really bad. It just looks old. So I was wondering what Apple could do to make it more streamlined, faster, and quicker to boot.

I am thinking if they replaced the dock with a modified launcher with a scrolling interface. By OS 4.0 I would hope they came up a good way to background. So you have this scrolling dock that would also have gesture support and you could launch any program you wanted and see which one were open.

OK. I'd probably have to draw it out but I'd also have like a homescreen with weather, calendar, and the time. And and like little tabs on the side of the screen that launched the most frequently used apps.

Heck I don't know. I was bored and was trying to think of a new UI for the Iphone as this current one feels dated.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The OS itself seems to the best out there still, since this new phone was mostly the same with a bunch of hidden hardware and software updates, 4.0 shoud be reviolutionary or Apple will not be #1 anymore, and it's gonna be tough the next 12 months, because the competition has some amazing stuff coming out.

OS 4.0 should be substantially upgraded, we should have the ability to theme our phones without jailbreaking them, and all the stuff we didn't get should be out next year. That means a new case design, HD OLED screen, at least a 5mp camera with a bigger lens and a real camera flash, HD video recording, FM transmitter, foward facing camera, MMS:rolleyes:, and multi-tasking. Anything less would be a crime.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
You know Apple isn't going to give us most of what we're looking in the iPhone. They've made that abundantly clear by their track record. Unless the masses of Apple users cry "foul!" and rebel, as they did with MMS and copy & paste, there will be no such thing as them adding the features we most covet.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Firstly , I'd like to just say in general that not everyone will be happy with what apple makes and that does not mean what they make is bad or not good enough.

I only really started watching apple back in 2005 when I got my first iPod video ( and I had 2 others to follow it ). I noticed that apple has kept most of it's design the same and they still manage to sell more and more. Why fix something that is not broken ?

The original iPod has remained the same since launch and it's still selling. The iPhone/ iPodT has looked the same side launch and they STILL sell.

Apple is more about software than hardware. They upgrade their mobile devices like they do with heir computers.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Firstly , I'd like to just say in general that not everyone will be happy with what apple makes and that does not mean what they make is bad or not good enough.

I only really started watching apple back in 2005 when I got my first iPod video ( and I had 2 others to follow it ). I noticed that apple has kept most of it's design the same and they still manage to sell more and more. Why fix something that is not broken ?

The original iPod has remained the same since launch and it's still selling. The iPhone/ iPodT has looked the same side launch and they STILL sell.

Apple is more about software than hardware. They upgrade their mobile devices like they do with heir computers.

That is an excellent point. I think Apple, looking forward, needs to understand how to adapt the iPhone to an increasingly congested 3G network. Without the network, the iPhone is nothing more than an expensive iPod.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods