Apple Store - Shipping/Delivering

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
OK so Im at the check out and have few Shipping options ranging from Free-$16.00 However no matter which one you choose, it says Delivery June 19th

Does this mean Apple will SHIP on 19th or does it mean that if you choose the $16 Next Buisness day , they guarantee a Street Date delivery (19th)....

Thanks for your help

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I called Apple on this and no, you will not get it on the 19th. I pretty much told them their site is pretty misleading and they gave me free overnight shipping. She also told me there is a chance it will be shipped earlier to make the 19th.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on your order.

However , in regards to those who didnt order yet - like my self , i would wait until they send out a OS 3.1 or 3.0.1. Even though this is their 3rd irriteration of iPhone OS , it still might be buggy.

Last Year I waited 3 months. Party because I heard there were OS bugs and because I couldn't even find one.

But I might get this after I do some research and read some reviews. If it's good , I'll get it sooner.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Congrats on your order.

However , in regards to those who didnt order yet - like my self , i would wait until they send out a OS 3.1 or 3.0.1. Even though this is their 3rd irriteration of iPhone OS , it still might be buggy.

Last Year I waited 3 months. Party because I heard there were OS bugs and because I couldn't even find one.

But I might get this after I do some research and read some reviews. If it's good , I'll get it sooner.

I can tell you the 3.0 is ready to go. I have not noticed any bugs with the latest beta.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
ok just ordered mine. Chose expedited , they said it is guaranteed to be delivered by June 19th.
Went with Black 16Gb.
The lady helping me said she doesn't think that I can just take my SIM out of my current 3G and put it in my new 3GS, but I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. Thoughts ?!

rayjh

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
So apple.com specifically states
Pre-order an iPhone 3G S from the Apple Online Store and it will arrive on June 19 with free shipping.
. As you go to the checkout it also says delivered - Jun 19th. Is it possible you got bad information ash? If not I think there are going to be a lot of people pretty annoyed when their iphones don't show up on the 19th as promised...

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
yeah rayjh, it isn't misleading it is very clear in stating it will be delivered by the 19th which is why I went with the free shipping! if this is not the case then its not a matter of misunderstanding it is a matter of being lied to.

got the #Gs 34gb black!!!! cant hardly wait!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So apple.com specifically states
. As you go to the checkout it also says delivered - Jun 19th. Is it possible you got bad information ash? If not I think there are going to be a lot of people pretty annoyed when their iphones don't show up on the 19th as promised...

No, it is misleading... if you order check the email they send you. It says ships on the 19th and a delivery on a different date. When I called they switched my shipping to overnight for free.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
hmm well cant argue there because I'm still waiting for said email. but on the end of my order status page It clearly states "delivered by June 19th" now whether or not they rescind that promise in forthcoming emails we will see. so, no it is not misleading. if it does not get here on the 19th I was lied to.

I only care because I want my phone asap and if this was not stated so clearly I would have paid for overnight shiping.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Ash is correct... it will ship on this day. You will get it Monday or Tuesday as I do not believe there is an option for Saturday delivery.

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
I just doublechecked my confirmation e-mail and it very specifically says Ships: Delivered by June 19. There is no other date listed anywhere on the confirmation, other than my order date which was yesterday. Therefore, I am lead to believe that this means I will receive my iPhone on June 19.

I also live in a town with a UPS hub, and things tend to get here VERY quickly, so I'm wondering if there's a chance I may see it early.

Either way, I don't really care. It beats driving an hour and 15 minutes one-way to stand in line and have them be sold out at the AT&T store. If it comes a couple days later, at least I'll have it and I will have saved the gas money.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I just doublechecked my confirmation e-mail and it very specifically says Ships: Delivered by June 19. There is no other date listed anywhere on the confirmation, other than my order date which was yesterday. Therefore, I am lead to believe that this means I will receive my iPhone on June 19.

I also live in a town with a UPS hub, and things tend to get here VERY quickly, so I'm wondering if there's a chance I may see it early.

Either way, I don't really care. It beats driving an hour and 15 minutes one-way to stand in line and have them be sold out at the AT&T store. If it comes a couple days later, at least I'll have it and I will have saved the gas money.

Well I live out in the boonies and my email also says DELIVER by JUNE 19th.
So they are making sure that we all will get them on street date.

If you plan to pick it up from local store, Keep in mind, if youre a current AT&T customer and you RESERVE one as an UPGRADE, you will have access to yours 7AM, before others do (normal store hours)....

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Apple must be doing overnight shipping on the 18th for delivery on the 19th. Because if they shipped on the 19th it would arrive on 6/22 since the 20th is a Saturday.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
If you plan to pick it up from local store, Keep in mind, if youre a current AT&T customer and you RESERVE one as an UPGRADE, you will have access to yours 7AM, before others do (normal store hours)....
Reserve at apple.com for the Apple store, or reserve at an AT&T store?
The Apple.com site says reserving doesn't guarantee you get one. I might do that anyway and just go stand in line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro