Strange iPhone things...

christoph

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
So, yesterday, at around 3pm, I got a message on my iPhone that my phone was not activated and for about 3 minutes, I could only make emergency calls. Then, another popup message that my phone was activated. I was thinking to myself "OK, maybe they are working on the account settings for the new OS 3.0 release tomorrow".

Then, at around 8pm last night I was watching TV, CBS to be exact, and there was an iPhone 3G commercial showing. Maybe no new hardware? Why would the advertise the old phone if indeed a new one is to be released today (or anytime soon).

I'm just sayin'. Did anybody experience anything strange with their iPhones yesterday as well?

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I get that annoying pop up message all the time. Every so often, I even get presented with the connect to iTunes message on the home screen. For the most part, I simply reset the iPhone. If that doesn't work, a simple restore with back up from previous sync.

Apple will keep news about the new iPhone close to its chest for as long as possible. We'll know real soon.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
The iTunes activation thing happens rarely but often enough for me to notice. I just retart the phone.

I don't have 3.0 so I don't know anything when it comes to that.

cajunfroggy79

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
i seem to have a bricked iphone it show connect to itunes on my home screen on phone after i connet to itunes itunes starts the steps to restore then gets stuck in verifiying iphone software this is the 3rd time since i have phone it has happened what can i do

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
i seem to have a bricked iphone it show connect to itunes on my home screen on phone after i connet to itunes itunes starts the steps to restore then gets stuck in verifiying iphone software this is the 3rd time since i have phone it has happened what can i do

Are you jail broken?

You might want to try putting your device into DFU mode and restoring. To put your device into DFU mode, follow the following link:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

cajunfroggy79

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Are you jail broken?

You might want to try putting your device into DFU mode and restoring. To put your device into DFU mode, follow the following link:

i am not jailbroken too chicken i guess but i just tried again and once again it's stuck in verifiying sotware and iphone stuck on connect to itunes what to do now

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner