iPhone on charge giving electrical shock?

Maniacfive

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
has anyone else experienced their iPhone on charge giving an electrical charge through the metal edge? I charge my iphone two ways, one in the dock via the mac and the other from the wall next to my bed. The problem is when its charging from the wall. it doesnt happen every time its on charge, and when it does sometimes its only a mild tingling in my fingers, other times much more painful tingling going up my whole arm.

What do you think is most likely the problem? The socket, the cable or the iPhone?

EDIT: should've said, I'm in the UK, with a 3 pin adaptor and obviously I'm not charging it from the wall anymore :-D Just looking for any help in what i should look to replace.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me today !

Only when my arm touches the metal edge but not my fingers.

Same for the USB cord. If it's plugged in and I told my arm up against the 30-pin plug for maybe 10 seconds or less I'll feel a pinch like the hair on my arm is being pulled out.

This is crazy. Well I guess other than the metal ring being a scratch magnet and slightly eletrictrified , it's a good thing apple os replacing it.

oli_jgb

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
It's only mild but yeh it kinda happens when my phone is on charge and I hold it to my head, it's like static and if I hold it really close to my ear without touching it kinda makes a humming noise. It doesn't bother me though, phone works fine and don't think it's doing me any harm :-S

Harryheg

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My iPad gave me an electrical shock lt night while it was charging. I had left it to charge (wall plug, UK), picked it up to see if it had finished and got a 'fizzy' electrical shock in my fingers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerekIversion