Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

465 Posts
    Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Default Skip This Update

Sometimes there are updates developers put out for their apps through the app store are aren't significant.

Other times , I might not want to update simply because the app might just only add advertising and no other significant changes ( Twitterfon ).

I don't want to have to be constantly reminded that I have an update or two waiting to be downloaded when I look at the App Store app.

Apple should add a " skip this update ". Does anyone agree or disagree with this idea ?
    iPhone Newbie

39 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

i agree and make it so u can update it on itunes later if u want there is nothing worse then updating an app only to find all it did was ad new banners for ads that get in the way
    iMore Intermediate

301 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

I agree, as well. Please submit this suggestion to Apple Feedback.

Here's what I just submitted:

I would like to submit a request for you to add an option to skip a 3rd party's App updates so there will not always be a notification to update on the App Store icon. Many times updates to apps don't run as smoothly and occasionally they add functions end users are not interested in. Other times updates will cause buggier operation than previous and developers are not always forthcoming with bug fixes. But I believe the most important reason there is a need for an option to skip app updates is that not everyone is on, nor do they wish to update to the latest version of the firmware. For example, for months I was content with running 2.0 OS with no adverse results and the apps I downloaded ran smoothly, whereas after the 2.2.1 update, many of these apps changed drastically, no longer offering the same type of service or playability. Please seriously consider implementing this option.
    Last edited by Watcher; 06-03-2009 at 10:15 AM.