Who Wants a Glowing Apple Logo on Next Gen iPhone?

Glowing Apple Logo on iPhone 2,1?

• No glowing logo to drain my battery, dagnabit!

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Glow baby, glow!

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Glow, but only if it provides flash and/or notification

Votes: 53 54.1%

• Total voters

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Two rumors now have Apple adding a MacBook-like glowing logo to the back of the next generation iPhone (iPhone 2,1). Who here's up for that? Does it have to be functional or just hellzacool?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
The first time I read that rumor I thought it sounded stupid and obnoxious. Now I think it'll be hella awesome and I really hope it glows!!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm mixed. If it lights up for notifications if the iPhone is sitting face down then I might like it. But if it just lights up while I'm using it for effect then that is a dumb waste of battery, no matter how little it actually uses.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm mixed. If it lights up for notifications if the iPhone is sitting face down then I might like it. But if it just lights up while I'm using it for effect then that is a dumb waste of battery, no matter how little it actually uses.

Exactly, it's how they put it to use. Notifications would be sweet.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I doubt it would be bright enough, but if it would work as a camera flash I'd be super happy about it! A blink for notifications would be useful as well I suppose, but I rarely put my iPhone down face-down. Just a light for no other reason than to glorify the Apple logo? I don't use this word much, but: meh.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
some kind of light for notifications would be great, but i just cant see apple putting it on the BACK of the phone. that just doesn't make any sense to me...

the home button lighting up would make more sense for notifications.

Jdub

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
A flash and/or notification would be really cool but it seems like a new potential battery drainer... I guess that's why we all have chargers.

Jdub

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'd only be okay with this if 1) the light is pass-through and does not drain our already taxed batteries, and 2) the light provides notifications with custom colors based on the type of notification.

sonola777

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
If the Apple logo lights up just for the sake of it, it's completely pointless because its on the back. If however it was used in conjunction with the home button for notifications, I'd be all for it! For example the white square on the home button, along with the Apple logo turning different colours depending on the type of notification i.e green for sms, yellow for im's, red for low battery, you get the idea. That would be absolutely fantastic! Please Apple make it happen!

jessyreynosa3

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Remember the double back light for the iphone patent they filled up not that long ago, I think thats its purpose(to light up the apple), I dont think itll use extra battery if they just cut the apple out and have the other backlight lit the apple logo.

Would make more sense to use the acselerometer and the apple logo for notifications,
It can probably be one of the notification options for the next iphone (badge, message, sound, back logo)

bigspooon

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't want a continuously lit logo nor one that lights up during a call. I wouldnt want it lit for notification purposes either unless the battery drain is almost nonexistent.

It would be awesome if the apple logo lit up to provide a flash for the camera, though

EDIT: having read other posts, color-coded notifications would be great...but again, only if it has a very small drain on battery life

SuperTrouper

Jun 1, 2009
www.twitter.com
I'm not keen on any extra battery drain.

I'd rather it didn't have a glowing Apple on the case for any reason. My iPhone also lives in my pocket so I wouldn't see any glowing notification light.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I think it would be alright by me.

Like others have mentioned , I wouldn't want it to be a continuous glow.

I was reading the responses to the backlight here on TiPB and people have been saying that they never put their phone face down. I put my phone face down all the time , especially since the 3G has a curved back and since I have a case on it that has a lip around the screen.

I would like it for notification purposes. I'll just look at the back if I want to know if I have any messages or notifications.

Also for flash. Hopefully it's bright and not as opac as the photos depicts.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Glowing would be really cool if it doesn't drain the battery too much. Notifications would be great, but since I normally have a case on it, the new cases would have to have the logo cut out in order to see if it is flashing...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Who would have wanted a glowing Apple logo?

Out of all of the speculated features, I was really excited for a glowing Apple logo. I think that would have added a nice touch.

What did you think?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner