Live Mail (Hotmail) on iPhone

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I've tried searching for it but can't find it anywhere, does the iPhone have push capabilities for Live Mail or Hotmail? I know Yahoo and MobileMe are push but i've read other places that Hotmail can't even be set up on the phone. Is that correct?

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I have hotmail setup on my iPod touch, so I guess it would be safe to say that the iPhone would be able to do it, also. I usually have it on manual fetch, because I have my blackberry to push it to me, so it is a non need.

I am going to test it, and I will let you know. I have set it up for 15 minute auto fetch.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Well, that was quick, I sent it and it was in the inbox of the iPod in less than a minute. The badge was on the icon telling me that there was a new mail.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
When I was using the iPhone I would put Yahoo on manual fetch to because Push wouldn't work at some point. I just wasnt sure if there was anyway to make it push. I had an iPhone, dropped it due to money reasons(which fixed themselves), now I have a Bold but I still miss a few of the features of the iPhone but I really like both so I have a little dilemma right now and i am trying to differentiate between the 2

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I have @hotmail.com set up on my iPhone. It's fetch however...hotmail doesn't push to the iPhone. IIRC, there are some "work arounds" to get your hotmail forwarded to your yahoo or something to that effect. Don't quote me on that since I've never tried it; personally fetch hotmail (and fetch Gmail for that matter) is good enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2