View Poll Results: Will you wait to update your iPhone untill 3.0 is unlocked?
- 38. You may not vote on this poll
Yes I will wait
No I will update
- 05-24-2009, 04:52 PM #2
- 05-24-2009, 04:54 PM #3
- 05-25-2009, 09:45 PM #4
- 05-26-2009, 12:11 AM #5
- 05-26-2009, 12:15 PM #7
For me it depends on if there is new hardware and what the new hardware would contained. Currently I have mine jailbroken with 2.2.1 and the 2.28 baseband for unlocking. I am keeping it that way until I decided on what to do for the upgrade (if there is a new model).
If there is no new model, I'll probably upgrade the moment it is released.
- 05-26-2009, 12:30 PM #8
I will definitely update. I'm on AT&T legitimately, and 3.0 gives me everything I ever had a reason to jailbreak for. I'm restored now and I honestly don't miss jailbreaking. I miss copy/paste from jailbreak but the lag killed me even more.
Can't wait for 3.0. Still don't know if me and the g/f are going to take the plunge and upgrade to the new phone. I guess that depends on how the price points will work and what kind of financial situation we are in. I have my grad party June 14th so if I get enough money to pay what we need to pay, then some extra....that's a definite.
- 05-26-2009, 01:16 PM #9
I'll definitely wait... gotta keep my phone unlocked for resale purposes!
Oh and there will ALWAYS be reasons to jailbreak...pdanet, qtweeter, sbsprefs, the options to watch slingbox over 3G etc, etc, etc...
I'll NEVER HAVE AN UNJAILBROKEN IPHONE....NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
- 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM #11
- 05-26-2009, 08:29 PM #12
- 05-26-2009, 08:31 PM #14
- 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM #16
My phone is just as snappy as it was straight out the box....I never get reboots, and my programs run like the phone was meant to be jailbroken.
Maybe I'm lucky, but I haven't experienced any negatives with jb'ing.
Where did you experience lag? In opening regular apps? Jailbroken apps?
- 05-26-2009, 09:40 PM #18
- 05-26-2009, 09:45 PM #19
- 05-27-2009, 11:16 PM #20iPhone Newbie
- 15 Posts
I like knowing that if something goes wrong I can just call apple and get the problem sorted out. I tried to jailbreak once and I didnt know that 10.5.6 didnt recognize DFU mode so my phone just went black and I freaked out. Lucky for me the people at the apple store did some magic and no harm was done.
- 05-28-2009, 10:37 AM #21
- 05-28-2009, 01:26 PM #22
I'll wait till the scream level on the Apple forums dies down a bit.
Then I will update before my end of warranty.
Those of you with expired warranties? Well you won't have the luxury of taking it back to the Apple store, so you have to really hope the update goes smoothly and doesn't brick your phone.
I've been bitten by the bricked phone after update after prior updates. Twice, had to do a full restore, once had to get a new phone.
Last edited by icebike; 05-28-2009 at 01:28 PM.
- 05-29-2009, 01:19 PM #23