How often do you restore your iPhone?

Geoff

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm just curious to what everyone else's experience has been with the need to restore your iPhone.

I've been noticing some apps have started to crash at random. I assume that restoring it and reinstalling the applications will probably take care of it.

When I had a Windows Mobile phone, I was restoring it monthly...I've had this phone for about 9 months now. How often are folks restoring their iPhone? Any pitfalls that I should be aware of before I start?

(BTW - I haven't jailbreak'ed my phone.)

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hands down the iPhone OS is the most stable OS I've used out of all of my phones. I know there will be someone who will not agree with me but for me... that's a fact.

While I was jailbreaking my iPhones restores were more common, a normal iPhone I've only had to restore one time due to a issue.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I restore every so often. I agree with Bad Ash in the stability of the OS, but I am jailbroken and am constantly testing out new jailbreak apps. Sometimes these cause issues and I find a clean restore is needed every once an a while.

When I wasn't jailbroken, I didn't restore. Not once. Can't say the same with my old Windows Mobile phones! :D

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Between my original iPhone and iPhone 3G, I only had to do 1 restore that didn't relate to jailbreaking or beta. My battery meter was acting up and a restore fixed it.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I think I have done it twice. Once when I tried to JB and once for...I do not know why, just did.:eek::p It took all of three minutes to completely restore right back to where I was originally.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
4 lines of service.
7 individual iPhones.

So you do the math.
We have restored far more than anyone should ever have to.

As for a Stable OS, no, not by the standard of most cell phones. Perhaps by the standard of smart phones. No normal cell phone even has to release a restore capability. They run from the day you buy them till the day you get tired of them.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
4 lines of service.
7 individual iPhones.

So you do the math.
We have restored far more than anyone should ever have to.

As for a Stable OS, no, not by the standard of most cell phones. Perhaps by the standard of smart phones. No normal cell phone even has to release a restore capability. They run from the day you buy them till the day you get tired of them.

Judging from his post it seems he was referring to smartphones. And what's a regular cell phone??? They still exist? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR