Lost iPhone questions

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
So my g/f has had some bad luck with her iPhone and traveling to NYC for work. The first time she dropped it from her lap while sitting down at dinner and it smashed the glass. :( I saw a friend at the Apple Store and had it replaced for free. :cool:

Then on the last visit about a week ago she lost her whole purse including her new replacement iPhone.

So knowing that there is a very good chance of a new phone coming out in the next 6 weeks I told her to hold off on just buying one for the no upgrade in contract price of like $499. I got her a new sim card and stuck in some old crap samsung she had before the first gen iPhone came out, but now on att website it shows that as her phone so they must detect it over the network b/c I never showed them at the store which phone I was going to put the sim card in.

So right now the data plan has been left on the account, but I'm wondering if we should just get rid of it since they already know there is another phone on the account?

Or should I pop the sim in my iPhone to trick the system into thinking she has one so if they do the same thing as last year she will be eligible for the contract upgrade for 200 and 300 bucks?

Any other tips or advice?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I put her sim car in my iPhone and now it shows as an iPhone online. I guess we'll check in a few days and see if it sticks. It changed right away so I would assume if it was going to change back it would have already, but you never know I guess.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you put the sim in a non-iPhone give it time and it will change it online but it will not take it off the iPhone plan. (if that's what she is currently on). The only time the image of the phone will not change is if it's a unlocked phone not from AT&T.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro