iPhone tethered to another cell phone?

monkeydadof4

May 16, 2009
Visit site
Here is my idea and why, is there someone that has done this or knows it can be done for sure?

It is my understanding with all the research I have done that the iPod Touch does not have working Bluetooth. BUT the iPhone does.

If that is true, I want to know if I can get a used iPhone and without activating the cell service portion (I'm currently under contract with Verizon), use the iPhone as a PDA and tether it, pair it, to a Motorola cell phone using Bluetooth to periodically connect to the Internet using DUN on the Motorola cell phone? All I want to currently use the iPhone for is checking email and quick info look up on the web.

Theoretically this should be possible.

Also can an iPhone without cell service activated connect to Internet using wifi also?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

I_magination

May 16, 2009
Visit site
thats an awsome question i'd like to hear the answer to. becasue im thinking about buying a used iphone for as cheap as possible off ebay, then when the iphone unibody comes out just suscribe to the att plan and re selling the older iphone

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Welcome monkeydadof4!:)

Short answer to your first questions is "No". Unless you jailbreak. The BT on the current iPhone is crippled to only allow pairing of Headsets. Now in 3.0 update this feature may be allowed with the improved BT functionality. We will have to wait and see.

The answer to your WiFi question is "Yes". An unactivated iPhone is basically an iTouch with a "cell radio" in it waitung to be activated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73