Announcing Vs. Releasing questions.

I_magination

May 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok so my main misunderstanding at this point is this. Well ok the wwdc is on June 8th-11th correct?. So my question from that is if let's say on June 8th they say "TADAA here is the new 32gb iphone." Now does that mean that once they do that, that then on June 9th AT&T and Apple store locations will be ready with supplies of Iphone 32gb's? Or does that then mean it's gonna be another week before any store gets them in? Basicly im trying to figure out if the whole thing is coordinated so when they announce it the stores are already ready with the product. Also a follow up question / concern i have is that right now its getting very close to that wwdc date (becoming well under a month). I'm starting to get the feeling that there will be no new iphone until July or August and if that is the case i should just buy a 3g now and stop biting my fingernails in anticipation, as i can always Ebay the 3g hopefully. But theres the thing I really really really want the Fm radio functionality. I could care less about compas , but the Fm radio is a real big deal for me.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No, it would simply be a announcement. It is highly unlikely they would say "it's out, go get it!". And don't hold your breath for it to come out before July.

I_magination

May 16, 2009
Visit site
ahhhh ok , thats a relief. I think im going to go get my iphone today now. There is no way im going to wait 2.5 - 3 more months to get an iphone. That s just ridiculous. My Old 32gb ipod is breaking so im going to need a new music player soon. That music player will be an iphone. so I can't wait untill summer is halfway done to get one. Oh well it looks like im going to have to miss out on aluminum case, 3.2 camera, and fm/ compass

I_magination

May 16, 2009
Visit site
Also, so basicaly what your saying is that if there is going to be a new iphone in stores on june 8th then they need to be announcing it sometime within next 2 weeks before wwdc correct?

tchaves

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Also, so basicaly what your saying is that if there is going to be a new iphone in stores on june 8th then they need to be announcing it sometime within next 2 weeks before wwdc correct?

They would announce it beforehand, but there's no reason to believe that's going to happen. The June 8 date is for WWDC.

Kickstar13

May 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping for a July 10th release.
I hope so. I need a new phone to take on vacation with me. I have the iPhone 2g. It looks like I'll be selling it for the 3g. And then buy the new iPhone that comes out in August or September and sell my 3g though the price will probably go down.

ktdw

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
How do I start the rumor that it's coming on the 10th without any actual knowledge of when it's coming? :D

You just need to make some remote correlation to an established fact.

For example, I'm saying it will come on July 31st. That date is the 5-year anniversary of Steve Jobs' surgury to remove his tumor. Rumer is that he will celebrate the anniversary of his new lease on life by releasing some awesome new features that are intended to spark new life to iphone :D

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
They will announce it before the FCC does. Phones typically take a month after FCC approval to be released.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
WWDC is normally just announcements, unless it's software.

I'd say the new iPhone will not be available before mid-July, but they may release 3.0 sooner. Sometimes they do that w/ software, where they say it will be available immediately after the keynote. Just depends on what it is and what is coming out.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to wait....trying...

This will be my first iPhone So of course I'm going to want the latest model. The only problem is is that I'm not good at waiting for something I really want. I never thought I would actually ever have one, my phone and iPod have always been seperate so it blow my mind that I won't have to carry 2 devices anymore.

Kickstar13

May 4, 2009
Visit site

This will be my first iPhone So of course I'm going to want the latest model. The only problem is is that I'm not good at waiting for something I really want. I never thought I would actually ever have one, my phone and iPod have always been seperate so it blow my mind that I won't have to carry 2 devices anymore.
Trust me you won't be disappointing in this new iPhone.

nevermind

May 27, 2009
Visit site

I'm waiting. I've waited a few months already - a few more won't hurt. But it better be no later than July - my current phone is in a world of hurt right now & I don't know if it has 3 months left in it.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting. I've waited a few months already - a few more won't hurt. But it better be no later than July - my current phone is in a world of hurt right now & I don't know if it has 3 months left in it.

One of my friends is in the same exact position. It's a flip and the board that connects them is literally falling apart at the hinges. She wants an iPhone so bad and it trying to hold it together with tape until the new one drops, haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh