My iphone won't ring, help newbie.

panda

May 5, 2009
Visit site
One hour ago, I noticed that my iPhone does not ring when a call comes in though it will vibrate if I set the vibrate to "on". My iphone never had a problem before. It is definitely not set to silent. Is there anyone tell me how to do it? Many thanks!

Ghecko

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
One hour ago, I noticed that my iPhone does not ring when a call comes in though it will vibrate if I set the vibrate to "on". My iphone never had a problem before. It is definitely not set to silent. Is there anyone tell me how to do it? Many thanks!

Try-

Settings >Sounds > Then there should be a bar under vibrate, slide that all the way right and hopefully your fixed

gowster

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
It happened to me also. Try the hard button/switch on the side of the top of your iphone. It can be switched to transfer your calls to voicemail auto. It should not all the way to the left. This button/switch is convenient when you want not answer a call right away but send it to voicemail.

Reactions: GMHHill and Bergen

CarlyLyon

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
try holding the power button and the home key at the same time and have it reset the phone if that doesnt work try backup restoring the phone on itunes see if that works... when all else fails make an appointment with the apple store

Reactions: Bergen

4SRocks

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Silence is not always golden. Check the red slider (Bergen)

If the side switch on your phone has a red dot it is on silent

I couldn't figure out why that button with the red dot next to it didn't do anything. :mad: Thanks to Bergen, I now know that it doesn't push, it slides. :eek: I have no red dot now, and my iPhone 4s rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Bergen. :D

Will Caminos

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This happen to my iPhone 4. It did not vibrate or ring.
If you select Vibrate and the bell with the line across dose not appear you have a bad silent button.
I ordered the button from e bay.
Its hard to replace to I would take it to a shop to replace.
Again if your I phone dose not ring or vibrate replace the silent selector switch.

Feliz Navidad

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a million!!! I had been searching everywhere -- apparently when you set the privacy button via the touch screen, it affects this? After I left the theater and restored the ring -- it still wouldn't ring -- until I found the little red button near the volume buttons.:yes:

Lisa Hannigan

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you whoever posted about the silent thing on the side. that was the whole problem! All this reset business, etc., did nothing. I had inadvertently set it to silent, so all it did was vibrate. :love-struck:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you whoever posted about the silent thing on the side. that was the whole problem! All this reset business, etc., did nothing. I had inadvertently set it to silent, so all it did was vibrate. :love-struck:
That would be member "Tramain". Anyway, we're glad you got the problem fixed. Take care and have a wonderful day...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711