Composite cable

bartman2099

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys i want to output video from my iphone but my tv doesnt have the yellow, red, white video/audio connections (its a pretty crappy tv). However, the tv is connected via scart to a dvd player which has the connections. Will the composite cable work if i plug it to the dvd player?
Thx guys i know its a stupid question but i really dont know.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No, that will not work. Those cables are for Hi Def viewing and if your TV does not support that, it won't work.

asiancuta#IM

May 2, 2009
Visit site
composite can be used on std. tvs. it depends on the dvd player if youre able to. as long as the composite connections are for inpu and you had std white yellow red output to the tv. but doubtful a dvd player would have that setup unless it can burn dvds...the only reason i could see why it would have composite inputs

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
composite can be used on std. tvs. it depends on the dvd player if youre able to. as long as the composite connections are for inpu and you had std white yellow red output to the tv. but doubtful a dvd player would have that setup unless it can burn dvds...the only reason i could see why it would have composite inputs

***Ok, I take it back - I read the OP's post wrong. I thought he was looking for a component connection.

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Just make sure the DVD player has component *IN* with path-through to the TV (like most VCRs (look it up, younglins!) did. Don't plug them into component *OUT* ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro