Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Starbucks -- can't log on with 3.0 software

I am using the 3.0 beta 4 and I notice that when I try to log on to AT&T wifi in Starbucks, they don't seem to be recognizing that I have an IPHONE. Instead of prompting me for my phone number, I see the standard logon screen asking me to PAY for the service.

Also, when I call 611, I am no longer prompted for "help with my Iphone." It's as if AT&T does not realized that I am using an Iphone.

Could this be related to the beta? Ideas? Anybody else???
    iMore Beginner

70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I'm pretty sure this is an issue related to running the beta firmware. AT&T may just not recognize it as being an iPhone.

I'm not sure if this will work but you may want to use the Easy Wi-Fi App (iTunes Link). It's a $0.99 app that can auto-login for you at AT&T hotspots. Another bonus is you don't have to use their SMS links either. I use it all the time to login. I'm not positive it will solve your problem, but for $0.99 it may be worth a shot.

1,287 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts

You know what, now that I think about it I think I failed to connect at starbucks the last time I tried. I just didn't think about it until reading this.

Also, I used the easy wifi app. I'll have to try again tomorrow and see what happens.