Just Recieved My iPhone In Iraq

PirateNinja

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just had my iPhone delivered via an AirForce C130 today in Iraq. I work here out on the flightline, and our regular bird came in, so i walked out to the plane expecting just regular cargo and passengers. When i got out to the bird the loadmaster asked for me and told me he had a special package which had to be hand delivered to a SRA Martinez. I told him that was me and he handed me a small box with an apple logo on it!!! :D

I have less than two months left in my deployment, and i cant wait to get back home and finally start using its full features. But so far im loving it, once i get a chance ill be going to the wifi center to finally get some apps. :cool:

haha well just wanted to to share my excitement. my wife was also very happy to get hers back in the states.

and thanx for all the great tips and help from all of you here in TiPb!!! ;)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Wow that was fast, it used to take weeks sometimes for my bro to get packages we went sent him in Iraq. Hope the iPhone makes your time go faster, stay safe.

PirateNinja

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
hi everyone well i finally got time to go to the wifi center here on base. it was about 98% outside and a good mile and a half walk to the MWR. oh and on that note is anyone on here familiar with iPhones working in hot weather? by the time i leave Iraq we will easily be around 130% and i have read somewhere that the iPhone doesnt do so well at hot climates.

but here are the first couple apps i have downloaded to my iPhone so far ;)

.Skype
.Pandora
.ZombieVille USA
.Facebook
.UrbanSpoon

any good suggestions out there?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
hi everyone well i finally got time to go to the wifi center here on base. it was about 98% outside and a good mile and a half walk to the MWR. oh and on that note is anyone on here familiar with iPhones working in hot weather? by the time i leave Iraq we will easily be around 130% and i have read somewhere that the iPhone doesnt do so well at hot climates.

but here are the first couple apps i have downloaded to my iPhone so far ;)

.Skype
.Pandora
.ZombieVille USA
.Facebook
.UrbanSpoon

any good suggestions out there?

You should check out LightBike. When you drive, you builds walls of light on the track, and beat enemies in cyberspace.

And Tap Tap Revenge, it's a Guitar Hero like game for the iPhone.

PirateNinja

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
iLoveiPhones: lightbike is pretty cool thanx for a great pick!!!

is there any good twitter apps that everyone on here is using, twitter really blew up right before i left the states and thats all we hear on the news is twitter this twitter that . . . blah blah blah twitter :p

and i dont want to sounds like a newb but what is twitter?

any suggestions on a good twitter app? :confused:

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
iLoveiPhones: lightbike is pretty cool thanx for a great pick!!!

is there any good twitter apps that everyone on here is using, twitter really blew up right before i left the states and thats all we hear on the news is twitter this twitter that . . . blah blah blah twitter :p

and i dont want to sounds like a newb but what is twitter?

any suggestions on a good twitter app? :confused:

Your welcome.
So you want to know about Twitter? Well it's a way to update your friends in micro messages. Best app for Twitter in my opinion, is Twitterfon. It's got a great UI, and it's free! :)

PirateNinja

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
haha thanks again iLoveiPhones!!!

sounds good ill check TwitterFon out later today

i just saw a swine flu locator app, is it really getting that bad in the states? :confused:

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
haha thanks again iLoveiPhones!!!

sounds good ill check TwitterFon out later today

i just saw a swine flu locator app, is it really getting that bad in the states? :confused:

Yes and no, a lot of people are afraid. There are a few cases here in the U.S. but the media is trying to scare everyone. It's hard to tell what's going on, but I think everything will be alright. Also people are getting very germaphobic. Some stores are running out of hand sanitizer. I think the media is over-exaggerating. I think we will all be ok.

Last edited:

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Check Twitterena. Its cheap and esasy to use and quite functional. Plus it will do location updates with the onboard GPS. Supposedly, multi-accounts is coming in the pipe.

As to the swine flu. Its not that bad. Its all media hype. Anyone who coughs suddenly has Swine flu. Also if you look at the real numbers, its statisically insignificant in a population of several billion (worldwide), or even several hundred million (US). Its not even that fatal. Probably won't have any ill effects other than you would have with other flus. More people die annually from regular flu than Swine Flu has claimed.

Kinda went OT there, but I am sooo tired of all the media hype. Wash your hands and keep sick kids at home for God's Sake!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal