Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

Default Ringtones (frustrated PC lover)

I sometimes think the iPhone is just a trick to get us PC people to migrate to a MAC.

With the help of "Audacity" (free sound editing program) I have created some short MP3 clips to use as ringtones, but can't save them in any other format in Adudacity.

According to some info I found here you can import files into the iPhone as ringtones if you import them into iTunes as ACC formated files. I can't find any function in iTunes that will allow me to import my MP3 (short versions) as ACC files, or as anything at all other than MP3.

According to iTunes "any" MP3 can be made into a ringtone, however, as we say here in India "conditions apply" -- you can only use music files bought at the Apple store.

I tried that too, and it didn't work either, but that is another issue.

In short: How do we PC lovers import our own (short) MP3 music files into the iPhone as ringtones? Is it possible at all???
    iMore Actual

1,898 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,463 Global Posts

Note: Try using almost any other smartphone on a Mac, including Windows Mobile, Palm, BlackBerry, etc. That just *one* works well, even better on a Mac, and it's made by the same company that makes the Mac, shouldn't be the cause for any bitterness