Broken Screen....any suggestions

njballer42

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I was going for a run and had my iphone in my arm band....i was 2 seconds from my house and it flew out and cracked my screen. Any suggestions on how to get this repaired? Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. 2 seconds from my house! Help please, anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Nick

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Apple will repair it, for a hefty price tag, or you can buy the parts of eBay and do it yourself, which is the MUCH cheaper route. I think a lot of people around HoFo have done it, I don't know about around here, but that may be a good source of info too. I'm pretty sure youtube has video tutorials on how to do it as well that may be pretty helpful.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I tried and failed to repair it. The instructions / videos provided by the site are crap and lead you to believe it's easier than it is.

Watch the videos below of these guys following the other videos and showing what they do. If you still want to do it after watching these, the best of luck to you. :)

Part 1: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 1
Part 2: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 2
Part 3: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 3
Part 4: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 4
Part 5: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 5

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I tried and failed to repair it. The instructions / videos provided by the site are crap and lead you to believe it's easier than it is.

What these videos of these guys following the other videos and showing what they do. If you still want to do it after watching these videos, the best of luck to you. :)

Part 1: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 1
Part 2: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 2
Part 3: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 3
Part 4: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 4
Part 5: YouTube - iPhone 3G TouchScreen Repair Part 5

Agreed, if you don't know what you are doing or in the least bit hesitant to do it yourself, don't do it...