Any way to turn off SMS repeating sound on new message?

pnut78

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I didn't know a better way to paraphrase so here is the long version of my problem:

When I get an SMS message, it plays the tone associated with it. That's fine. But if I don't check the SMS, it will play the tone again in about 2-5 minutes. Then it will do it every 2-5 minutes after until I check it.

Is there any way to just have the initial tone, without the repeat notification tone?

I hope that made sense. Thanks!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
No there isn't. And that feature is actually because of many complaints that there was only one sound when you got the message and none later telling you if you had not checked your phone for awhile.

It should only beep 2 times after the initial beep; 5 mins after then 15 mins after. I kind of wish it was like my old razr phones; beep forever until I check every 2 minutes.

pnut78

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
No there isn't. And that feature is actually because of many complaints that there was only one sound when you got the message and none later telling you if you had not checked your phone for awhile.

It should only beep 2 times after the initial beep; 5 mins after then 15 mins after. I kind of wish it was like my old razr phones; beep forever until I check every 2 minutes.

Thanks for the reply. Me, I have a kid so when it goes off and I am busy with him, I hate the other reminders because I think they are new ones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77