- 04-20-2009, 08:10 AM #2
- 04-20-2009, 08:26 AM #3
- 04-20-2009, 08:30 AM #4
- 04-20-2009, 08:41 AM #5
To echo what others have said, 3.0 will fix what's been missing (voice TBT GPS, copy/paste, etc) but the one Achilles heel continues to be battery life. The iPhones "kryptonite.". I haven't heard any rumors/news yet for fixing it, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
Last edited by Tunnelrunner; 04-20-2009 at 09:02 AM.
- 04-20-2009, 08:50 AM #6
- 04-20-2009, 09:48 AM #7
- 04-20-2009, 12:34 PM #8
- 04-20-2009, 02:04 PM #9
- 04-20-2009, 02:45 PM #10
- 04-20-2009, 03:38 PM #11
- 04-21-2009, 10:42 AM #12
- 04-21-2009, 10:54 AM #13
- 04-21-2009, 01:20 PM #14
A lot of people here have mentioned battery. While I do agree this would be nice, the iPhone is actually one of the better 3G phones as far as battery life so I don't think it's a drawback until there is something better to replace it.
I remember reading something about Apple buying a battery company or something like that. I have a feeling the 3rd gen iPhone will have a better battery.
For me the only thing lacking that hopefully we will see in 3.0 or 3.0/3rdGen is background tasks. "Push" is great for some apps, even better than running in the background, but some things need to actually run in the background to be useful.
- 04-21-2009, 01:56 PM #15
2-Its the only phone i have that is awful on at&t network i wonder why?
3- multitasking why can't it its annoying having to jailbreak it to use backgrounder so i can stream xm radio and use tweetie wtf apple this is a consumer phone!!!
- 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM #16
Hm, 3.0 fixes my biggest pet peeves. They previously would have been:
2) Text issues (deleting single texts, forwarding texts - does 3.0 allow you to forward texts?), and obviously MMS
3) Push notifications
I was never really too concerned about Push e-mail, yes it would be nice, but I can live w/ out it. I more want notifications for my IM and apps like Tweetie, so that'll be nice.
My new ones would probably be:
1) video not supported on iPhone 3G with 3.0?
2) I guess battery? i never really have an issue w/ the battery, i have a car charger and I charge my phone every night. I don't really understand why people complain about having to charge it every night. I don't think it's that hard to just plug in a phone. If you're out of town, fine, buy a car charger.
- 04-21-2009, 03:33 PM #17
- 04-21-2009, 10:04 PM #18iPhone Intermediate
- 101 Posts
1. Like others have said: Battery
2. Background Tasks.
3. Wish it had a badge or something to let users know if there is a calendar event on a certain day. For example, if today is the 3rd of the month and I put a reminder in the calendar for the 4th of the month, the calendar app shows up how it is now. When the 4th comes, there should be a badge to let us know there is something on the calendar for today.
Other than those, OS 3.0 will be really good for us come summer.
- 04-21-2009, 10:15 PM #19iPhone Nanite
- 8 Posts
I haven't had mine for long, but the 3 big drawbacks I saw immediately were
1. No MMS... just the idea that this isn't possible baffles me, but I am assuming there is a very good reason?
2. No video recording... this also seems like a no brainer nowadays.
3. Battery... I have to say it does last a fair amount considering how much I use it, but charging it every night is already getting old and I am only on week 3.
- 04-21-2009, 11:52 PM #20
- 04-22-2009, 12:42 AM #21
Hmm... It's really hard.
Battery? Always near a charger (home, car & work)
1- Maybe background processes: only for turn by turn gps. everything else can be pushed.
2- Speakerphone: In my house, the fan can't be on. In the car, can't be doing more than 80 (there I can never use the speakerphone ).
3- User created sounds/ringtones for Mail & SMS.
- 04-22-2009, 12:48 AM #22
- 04-22-2009, 07:01 AM #23
- 04-22-2009, 07:08 AM #24
- 04-22-2009, 07:55 AM #25iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
The iPhone has some glaring weaknesses that could easily be fixed by apple.
With the introduction of the PNS its gonna be an absolute nightmare having to deal with a million pop ups from twitter, RSS feeds IM's etc. A solution would be to look at the way the G1 and Pre handle notifications and follow that route.
2. Battery Life
The iPhone has easily one of the worst batteries I've ever used! I constantly have to carry my charger with just in case I run out of juice. Better battery life please!
3. Camera/Video Recording
This is one of the most obvious weaknesses of the iPhone, how apple managed to mess this one up, I'll never know?! The next iPhone needs at least a 3.2 mpx camera (5 in my dreams) and video recording with better control over the preferences and quality of the image your about to take.