3 biggest drawback of iPhone

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I know alot of people say battery, but its a smart phone. Its always doing something in the background. I am actually happy with the battery life. It is a 100x better then the android phones I have had in the past.

Now, the three biggest drawbacks.

1. Notifications - Wish it had a light to notify me of messages
2. Navigation - I miss Google turn by turn
3. Long press - I miss the long press in Android...Guess that would equal out to integration of applications.

Now with that being said, love the iPhone. Never turning back.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... this is tricky. JB fixed a lot of my problems (if you hate iOS popups, try Notifier Pro... you will not regret it!), but I would have to say mine are:

1) Verizon (3G has been poops in my area lately... I only get it about half the time)
2) Space (I ?ber regret getting the 16 GB... should have spent the extra $100)
3) Keyboard (I love the iPhone keyboard, but I miss having the number-pad one... way easier to type with if you are using one hand and your hands are small)

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Battery, only use for 1 day:(

In 2011 this is considered good. Many phones can't even last the day anymore.

@Chimer, your number one drawback is really Verizon? Unless AT&T is equally bad where you are they did you not get the GSM iPhone?

Last edited:

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
1. Vibration not strong enough - miss too many calls/messages when it is in my pocket
2. Lock Screen control - Jailbreaking fixes this but I don't want to jailbreak just yet
3. SMS quick reply - like biteSMS - again not jailbreaking yet

skafri#WN

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I came to the iPhone from the Droid X. I realize that jailbreaking would solve a lot of my problems, but I'm nervous.

1. No Swiftkey
2. No free tether
3. No master volume control panel, therefore no apps that can set my volumes according to time of day.

I also miss widgets. And customizes SMS tones.

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
1. CONSTANTLY PRESSING "MUTE" WHEN THE PHONE IS AGAINST MY FACE
2. I do miss physical buttons. I hate having to look at the screen while typing.
3. being forced to use mobile versions of sites, with some sites not letting you get around that.

I'm pretty happy with this phone. :]

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
1) can't organize photos on phone
2) proper push notification for apps
3) being able to use iphone memory like flash drive. just copy/paste pics etc. dont have to sync with annoying itunes.

AZ Gizmo

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
1. Lack of customizable SMS tones
2. Cannot alter the theme of the "desktop" without jailbreaking
3. When connected to the Mac it can't be seen through the Finder as a peripheral drive (like it can on a PC, so maybe this is more of a Mac complaint than an iPhone issue).

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
-notifications- it's garbage compared to Android. The blinking LED light on other phones really is useful.
-widgets- it's nice to turn the phone on and with one glance see what the weather is, headline news, my schedule for the day, etc.
-brings out the OCD. I treat the phone gingerly. I spend a worryingly large amount of time about cases vs. sleeves, different types of screen protectors, etc.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I always thought that the blinking l.e.d. on my BB9000 was very annoying. I don't understand why some people like it so much. I can't think of any drawbacks to my iPhone, at all. I love the notifications, my battery life is great, and as far as customizing alert tones and such, just jailbreak, and you get it all. I've had Samsung and Blackberry smartphones, but the iPhone is just so much more superior to what i've had.:)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
1. Intrusive notifications.
2. Call quality/loudness of speaker
3. No support for tasks to sync with iCal/MobileMe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73