- 04-22-2009, 08:46 AM #26
- 04-22-2009, 09:02 AM #27
1. High-gloss finish (have to wipe it 6-8 times a day).
2. Calendar needs much more attention.
3. Not enough control over individual sounds and volumes.
At least I can charge my phone often if I really have to, but I can't do anything about these things right now.
- 04-22-2009, 09:11 AM #28
2. No accessible file system (to transfer files via USB without having to use iTunes and be able to open them on the phone)
3. No background application support (I just need it for audio applications to be able to stream and play the audio in the background).
- 04-22-2009, 09:21 AM #29
- 04-22-2009, 10:00 AM #30
- 04-22-2009, 10:15 AM #31
- 04-22-2009, 12:03 PM #32
1) Erratic cel performance, including dropped calls and sometimes terrible voice quality. Most of this is likely AT&T's coverage in my area, but I often have situations where I have "No Service" or less than one bar, and rebooting the phone gives me 4 bars, which suggests something strange with the phone itself as well.
2) Background processes w/o jailbreaking.
3) Lack of some more "basic" phone features, such as voice dialing.
- 04-22-2009, 01:31 PM #33
Thought about this for a while. I am extremely happy with my iPhone, but there can always be improvement.
1. Battery. I find the battery will last me through the work day. But if I go out on a friday after work, it will die by midnight if I dont charge it. Not a huge problem since I always leave 3g on, wifi on, and 6 email addresses polling every 15 minutes. I could change my settings and get more out of it. I would like to see use of li-po batteries. They are small and very powerful. Downside is, they explode if not charged correctly. But maybe in the near future they can fix that.
2. Minor Multi-tasking. I dont care about a ton of apps running in the background. I do, however, wish some things could run simultaneously. For example, if i am in an app and i get a text, i have to close the app to reply, then go back to my app. I would like the option to reply to the text without interrupting my current status in the app.
3. Indicators. Either a status light, or a lock screen that shows me more info. I would like to glance at the device and know if I have any messages.
- 04-22-2009, 01:32 PM #34
- 04-22-2009, 03:26 PM #35
- 04-22-2009, 05:05 PM #36
- 04-22-2009, 05:09 PM #37
- 04-22-2009, 07:31 PM #38
- 04-22-2009, 08:52 PM #39
- 04-25-2009, 03:27 PM #40
1. Battery Life
I do wish the battery life were a bit better but overall its not bad considering the use that my phone gets daily.
2. Notification / Indicators
Former (personal) and current (work) Blackberry user and I have to admit, I still like the little blinking light to tell me that I've missed a call/have email/etc.
3. Video Recording / Camera Quality
Its a tossup for both of these. This is a cell phone and I have to remind myself of that but I liked having the zoom that I had on other phones. As for video. It would be nice but not a deal breaker in getting the phone.
Overall, I still love the phone and find myself carrying it as much as I did my Blackberry.
- 04-26-2009, 04:48 AM #41iPhone Nanite
- 8 Posts
Like I said, still lasts a good while considering how much I use it. I really have little to complain about on this little machine and more on individual apps.
- 04-26-2009, 05:29 PM #42
- 05-17-2009, 12:24 AM #43iPhone Newbie
- 19 Posts
For me it is NO PUSH! I am a weater freak due to my fear of bad storms. The kids make fun of me when a dark cloud comes up and I am sitting in the strom shelter!
I also hate the battery life. I keep the screen light down as far as I can and tote one of those battery chargers. No multitasking.
- 05-17-2009, 12:39 AM #44TiPb Fourm Staff
- 1,695 Posts
My #1 used to be the battery but I've been running 3.0 for awhile and the battery issue is majorly improved. I can keep my screen on 50% brightness and the battery still lasts at least a day even with moderate to heavy usage.
Second issue was notfications but once again 3.0 will be taking care of that.
My only issues now are no zoom on the camera(although the pics are still great) and no type of BlackBerry Messenger. I'd really like to see iChat become Apple's BBM.
- 05-17-2009, 02:35 AM #45
- 05-17-2009, 07:46 AM #46
- 05-17-2009, 01:53 PM #47
- 05-17-2009, 04:22 PM #48iPhone Nanite
- 9 Posts
New to iPhone
I am just 4 days into having the iPhone. The previous phone I had was a Bold but figured I will try out the iPhone and turn it back in before my trial period expires if a) I don't like it or b) Apple announces a new iPhone.
1) Notifications very inconspicuous (i.e. no indicator light)
2) No Today screen or customizable screen/themes for that matter
3) I suppose battery life though it's not that much different the the Bolds'
Oh and I miss being able to run Pandora in the background while doing other things.
Last edited by T_Apple; 05-17-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added one more
- 05-17-2009, 11:20 PM #49
- 05-18-2009, 11:15 AM #50
Mine was battery life, then I started using my PC for internet browsing again whereas for the first few months I only used my iPhone because it just was so cool I haven't had any battery issues since then. Now, I would just say no multitasking. Push will help, but it would be amazing to run even a limited number of apps simultaneously.