no sim

King310

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I think theres sumthing wrong with my phone, 2 times it has told me 'no sim' why does it do that and how can i stop it from happening?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Just need something pointy, like an unfolded paper clip. If you look at the sim holder at the top of the phone, you'll see a little hole. Stick the paper clip in there; the sim card holder will pop right out.

The iPhone came with an "official" sim card remover, but it's easy for people not to see. If you still have your box, it's probably in there.

If after taking it out and putting it back in you still get the message sometimes, then AT&T will probably give you a new sim card. It happened to me.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just need something pointy, like an unfolded paper clip. If you look at the sim holder at the top of the phone, you'll see a little hole. Stick the paper clip in there; the sim card holder will pop right out.

The iPhone came with an "official" sim card remover, but it's easy for people not to see. If you still have your box, it's probably in there.

If after taking it out and putting it back in you still get the message sometimes, then AT&T will probably give you a new sim card. It happened to me.

The original iPhone did not come with a "sim removal tool". ;)

In case the OP has one of those and not a 3G.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Oh, and these are the steps they do if you bring it to the apple store:

1. Toggle airplane mode on and off
2. Remove and re-insert sim card.
3. Toggle airplane mode on and off.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.