Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Unhappy Non-Mobile Me Contacts problem......?

Hi All,
    I've been desperately searching for some help for a problem with disappearing contacts on my iPhone 3G.
    I don't subscribe to MobileMe (I used to but didn't renew due to cost / benefit). Everytime I do a Google search on "iPhone Contacts problems" it lists lots of MobileMe related issues - I believe this is unrelated.
    In my case I have 192 contacts on my phone - usually! Every so often and for no apparent reason this list reduces to 68. I believe that these are the 68 that I've added directly via the phone. Switching off and on does nothing.
    If I go into Contacts directly i.e. not via the phone app and I flick to Groups and then back I can guarantee that the 192 will reduce to 68. Getting them back seems to be a random occurence too.
    I should also mention that when they've 'vanished' I can still select e.mail addresses from the 'disappeared' contacts via the e.mail app.
    I took this into an Apple shop and asked a Genius but he shrugged and said - 'Never seen one do that before'. This also used to happen before I upgraded to V 2.2.
    Has anyone else come across this bug? Is there a fix?
    It's very frustrating when i need a number and I find it's gone!
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

Do you sync your contacts with anything? Outlook/Google?