Email won't delete off of iPhone

pfranzmn

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
I run exchange server on my iPhone with work. There are two emails in my inbox that I can not delete, and originally they did not move to a new folder that I put them in on my laptop. Not a big deal but a bit annoying seeing them there all the time.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

tonybove

Mar 27, 2009
www.tonybove.com
Did you try changing the delete settings for emails for that account? Touch the account in the Accounts section of the Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, and then touch Advanced at the bottom of the account's settings screen.

You can then set Mailbox Behaviors: In the Mailbox Behaviors section of the Advanced settings screen, choose
** Drafts Mailbox to set whether drafts are stored on your iPhone, or remotely on your email server.
** Deleted Mailbox to set whether deleted messages are immediately trashed or saved remotely on your email server.

You can also set:
* Deleted Messages: Decide when deleted messages should be removed permanently from your iPhone. Touch Remove and then choose a time. Your options are Never, After One Day, After One Week, or After One Month.

I hope this helps.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Did you try changing the delete settings for emails for that account? Touch the account in the Accounts section of the Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, and then touch Advanced at the bottom of the account's settings screen.

You can then set Mailbox Behaviors: In the Mailbox Behaviors section of the Advanced settings screen, choose
** Drafts Mailbox to set whether drafts are stored on your iPhone, or remotely on your email server.
** Deleted Mailbox to set whether deleted messages are immediately trashed or saved remotely on your email server.

You can also set:
* Deleted Messages: Decide when deleted messages should be removed permanently from your iPhone. Touch Remove and then choose a time. Your options are Never, After One Day, After One Week, or After One Month.

I hope this helps.

There's not an "Advanced" section for Exchange accounts.

Dean Brown1

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, all good but. when I click on email to delete (trash) I get this message. Unable to Move Message. The message could not be moved to the mailbox trash.
Any thoughts

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner