There's a Glass Screen Coming Out

EnterpriseGlobe

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone :D

Just today I noticed that in one of the corners, the glass screen on my iPhone 3G is raised significantly, and the little rubber lining is protruding as well.

I tried pushing down on it, but it doesn't stay down. I

s there anything I can do about this? I'm afraid of breaking it, and I don't think Apple would repair something like that for me

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Get it back to an Apple store or from wherever you originally obtained it! Providing it's still under warranty I would have thought you'd get a replacement.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It's really weird... every day you have some new major issue... and you were getting rid of your phone a while ago... Hmmm

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I noticed my iPhone looked like this about two weeks after I got it. When I went with my mom to purchase her iPhones, I had them look at it for me. Well, the guy that was selling the phones to my mom took it and had a Genius look at it. He came back and said that it wasn't a problem. Honestly, I think they were just shoving me aside because this was still a time when the iPhone was selling out daily and they were VERY busy. I didn't personally talk to a genius. Big mistake.

Fastforward to a couple months ago. I was cleaning my iPhone and I swore that I felt and heard my screen click. I figured I was just hearing things. It happened again last week and I figured out the "trick" to making it click. Well, I went to the Apple store this weekend and got it replaced. I told him that I was concerned about the rubber when I first got the phone and that I think that's what is causing the click. Well, the first guy who looked at my phone didn't document that I had it looked at. So, the Genius from this weekend wad hesitant to believe me since I did have a ding on the plastic. He said he could put the blame on me, but was nice and gave me a refurb anyway.

Anyway, all this to say that I think you should take it to the Apple store and at least have them document it. That way if you have problems in the future, they can't blame you. But I honestly believe they'll replace it for you anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2