Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

124 Posts

Default There's a Glass Screen Coming Out

Hi everyone

Just today I noticed that in one of the corners, the glass screen on my iPhone 3G is raised significantly, and the little rubber lining is protruding as well.

I tried pushing down on it, but it doesn't stay down. I

s there anything I can do about this? I'm afraid of breaking it, and I don't think Apple would repair something like that for me
    iMore Intermediate

172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Get it back to an Apple store or from wherever you originally obtained it! Providing it's still under warranty I would have thought you'd get a replacement.

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

It's really weird... every day you have some new major issue... and you were getting rid of your phone a while ago... Hmmm
    App and photo editor

1,456 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts

I noticed my iPhone looked like this about two weeks after I got it. When I went with my mom to purchase her iPhones, I had them look at it for me. Well, the guy that was selling the phones to my mom took it and had a Genius look at it. He came back and said that it wasn't a problem. Honestly, I think they were just shoving me aside because this was still a time when the iPhone was selling out daily and they were VERY busy. I didn't personally talk to a genius. Big mistake.

Fastforward to a couple months ago. I was cleaning my iPhone and I swore that I felt and heard my screen click. I figured I was just hearing things. It happened again last week and I figured out the "trick" to making it click. Well, I went to the Apple store this weekend and got it replaced. I told him that I was concerned about the rubber when I first got the phone and that I think that's what is causing the click. Well, the first guy who looked at my phone didn't document that I had it looked at. So, the Genius from this weekend wad hesitant to believe me since I did have a ding on the plastic. He said he could put the blame on me, but was nice and gave me a refurb anyway.

Anyway, all this to say that I think you should take it to the Apple store and at least have them document it. That way if you have problems in the future, they can't blame you. But I honestly believe they'll replace it for you anyway.