How do you know Verizon passed the iPhone up?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I would like to see proof of this... it seems as though they would have had to make two types of devices, CDMA and GSM. GSM would be for the others. So my question is how are we sure Apple approached Verizon first? IMO this would make no sense on Apple's part. I can understand if they were going to make a 3month to 1year exclusivity deal, but nothing more.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I think apple went with the death star because at the time they were the biggest company in the US they had more subscribers. And verizon would want a lot more control. I don't see anything on this phone that tells me its for at&t except for the carrier logo in the status bar. I have a bold and its packed with at&t apps. Verizon wouldnt want wifi and their vz navigator crap on here.

Last edited:

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
A few days ago I got a Motorola Krave ZN4 as part of a Family SharePlan paid for by my mother. I like the physical build of the phone but the VCAST BREW crapware on the phone ruins it. I want to take it back.

I can almost see a Verizon customer asking "why do you need all that stuff on a phone" to an iPhone customer, not understanding how much better the interface on the iPhone is. I still think that a Verizon iPhone would work with LTE but VZ has to bite the bullet and agree to Apple's terms. Apple knows so much more about UI and engineering a clean and workable interface than the suits in NYC do, but obviously Verizon didn't choose to think different.