quick question

jfchica1987

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
i am getting ready to sell my brothers iphone on ebay because he wants a bold. i am used to selling cdma phone but not gsm phones. my question is if we sell it on ebay does someone just have to pop their sim card in and it will work? we should keep his sim card right? is his phone considered unlocked since he has been using it?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Unlocked means the phone has been unlocked to use on other carriers. In the US AT&T is the exclusive carrier of the iPhone, if it was used on a different carrier in the US it was unlocked. You definitely keep your sim, that is your phone number, if the phone is unlocked, then yes they just pop in their sim and off they go. Is this a first generation iPhone or a 3G?

jfchica1987

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
it is a 3g iphone but my brother has only used it on at&t. that is where we activated it on. so if we sell it will someone else be able to put their sim card in and use it

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If they are an AT&T user, yeah they could. Do not sell it as unlocked, it most likely isn't, if it is, the buyer gets a pleasant suprise, if it isn't you haven't misrepresented the phone.

jfchica1987

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
okay thankyou for the information. i will not sell it as unlocked, i will let everyone know it can only be used on at&t. im getting ready to put it on ebay now! thanks for all the info

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
okay thankyou for the information. i will not sell it as unlocked, i will let everyone know it can only be used on at&t. im getting ready to put it on ebay now! thanks for all the info

If you unlock it, you could make a lot more money. People from other carriers will pay out the wahzoo (yes I just said that) for an unlocked iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR