In the Toilet

jasperar#IM

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
So, on 3/19/2009 my iPhone fell out of my sweatshirt pocket and into the toilet.

I found an old Blackjack and called ATT to use this phone. Off to the beach for a week. I got back called Apple Support and they don't cover water damage. Browbeat ATT into giving me a new Blackberry for free (all sorts of freebies with that call).

Today, just for the heck of it decided to charge the iPhone and see what happens. Lo and behold, its up and running. Connected to WiFi, all the apps are running, had to manually update the clock and calendar but other than that, works just like the day I received it. Wow!!!!! Guess 10+ days of dry time worked. I simply cannot believe this.

So, if you toilet your iPhone, let it dry, dry, dry and in the meantime, threaten to switch to Verizon and ATT will be more than happy to accomodate you.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
That is great Jasperar!!:D My son "dropped" his dumb phone in the pool one time. Did the same as you. Let it dry out for a few days and it was good as new.

Will ATT let you re-activate the iPhone!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I think first you should run it in the dishwasher and then let it dry out :p

Glad to hear you got it working. A trick that worked for a friend, after his phone when rain soaked dead, was putting it in a ziplock bag with rice and leaving it in the fridge for a few days.

cbramsey5898

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a great device. What other phone can handle that and still work. Yes it took awhile for it to dry out but geez.

Can't wait to get mine.

jasperar#IM

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm almost embarrassed to call ATT. I have no doubt they will re-activate, Lord knows I pay for plenty of phone lines. Oh well, have a new Blackberry, free data plan for two months and a car phone charger. The irritation is Apple, oh no, once its wet, it will no longer work and we won't cover it. Apple is just wrong and I am completely disgusted. We should let others know.

ghele10

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a friend who completely soaked her phone, she baked it in the oven for a while and voila, it worked again. These devices are more resilient than they make us think!

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
That's cool man! If I ever drop my iPhone into water, I'll give AT&T a call...and hopefully they give me lots of good stuff like you :)

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, heck if my iPhone ever starts to stop working (god for bid) I'll drop it in the toilet and get myself a free blackberry...haha. Thanks for the advice ;)

3g4UA

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
I once left my old phone (not iPhone) in my pants pocket, washed and dryed it in the washer and dryer and it worked like nothing had happened to it. But if I were to do it to my iPhone, I would freak out.

idontlikeonions

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
is your iphone still working? i dropped mine in the toilet about six weeks ago, it worked fine up until last week and now the screen is all white and i can't see anything. i can only guess this is due to the previous water damage..

M_of_IMAK

Apr 23, 2009
www.IMAKcreations.com
Hmmm. My first iPhone has a rectangle of pixels that have lost touch sensitivity. I thought it was due to water damage, but now I suspect that perhaps the cracked screen due to dropping it in a parking lot might have been a factor. Anyone else suffer from loss of touch sensitivity? Mine is about 40 pixels tall across the entire width of the screen.

rats13

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
The irritation is Apple, oh no, once its wet, it will no longer work and we won't cover it. Apple is just wrong and I am completely disgusted. We should let others know.

You REALLY think Apple should give you a new phone once you drop it in your toilet???? :confused:

When you crash your car do you expect them to give you a new one or fix it for free?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR