I suppose it's inevitable...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That App World is nothing compared to Apple's AppStore. In fact, I can download on my PC or device and then sync.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Apple's APP store is so far ahead of BB, it will take a long time to catch up. With the support from developers I don't think it is possible. I always find it amazing how many people ask to see my iPhone when i am out and 9 times out of 10 they love it better than their current phone and most end up getting one.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
You it is truly Amazing how everyone "trash" talks the iPhone. They say it is a "toy". It can't do this or can't do that. If it sux so bad, why is EVERY manufacturer on the planet trying to copy the exact same features the iPhone has!:confused:

I think at the heart and soul of every BB and WM user is an iPhone "addicted" waiting to come out.:D:p:D Come in guys the water is fine!

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I never would argue the fact that an iPhone is a "toy." It really is the most fun little toy I've ever had. However, I think it also has the capabilities to make it so much more. A crackberry has the same (and actually a little bit more) to offer business-wise, but cannot compare to the iPhone for overall "fun" factor. As both platforms continue to develop I think they will move towards eachother as the iPhone catches up on business capabilities, and RIM catches up on overall fun factor.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I never would argue the fact that an iPhone is a "toy." It really is the most fun little toy I've ever had. However, I think it also has the capabilities to make it so much more. A crackberry has the same (and actually a little bit more) to offer business-wise, but cannot compare to the iPhone for overall "fun" factor. As both platforms continue to develop I think they will move towards eachother as the iPhone catches up on business capabilities, and RIM catches up on overall fun factor.

The only issue is that RIM/Blackberry is limited because of their OS. They refuse to change it due to them not wanting to lose ground. Look at Palm, they took darn near 5 years (give or take) to come up with WebOS.

natanavra

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Appstore is way better then anything else, appstore definitely the best thing around.
Besides iPhone is the best thing around as well - just that I hate the limitations Apple always puts around, stupid company - why limit the user?

DDAY

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
What good is App World if you don't have WIFI to download with? Having to download apps from your computer, instead of my phone, would be a major pain in the ass for me.

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Syncing apps from your laptop with RIM is really easy, and fast. RIM has been talking about this "app store" since the Storm first came out, but it looks like they have a long way to go still. I was amazed at the number of apps Apple had for the iPhone when I first got here...and now that I've jailbroken it I can't believe the amount of goodies we have available. The iPhone is truly the most fun that I can put in the palm of my hand...er, so to speak.:eek::D

bassthumpa

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Just because the BB App World is late to the party doesn't mean that it won't be successful. Sure it may not have the same volume as the Apple store and may not catch up anytime soon (or even), but it doesn't have to beat the Apple store to be a success. As long as it serves it's purpose well for BB owners, that will determine it's success.

IMHO, of course.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Just because the BB App World is late to the party doesn't mean that it won't be successful. Sure it may not have the same volume as the Apple store and may not catch up anytime soon (or even), but it doesn't have to beat the Apple store to be a success. As long as it serves it's purpose well for BB owners, that will determine it's success.

IMHO, of course.

Very well put.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner